Sign in to follow this  

Water texture dead

I cant get the water texture to animate. I use the oceanfx texture set and I have tried every concieveable setting, but no animation of water. Is this a known issue for someone else?Geforce4 MX 420:-yellow1

Guest outtatimeiii

When I played FS2002 on my older computer with a K6-2 400 and with a 16MB 3dfx Voodoo Banshee, I missed out on a lot of eye-candy such as reflections, no wave animation, 256x256 textures, no DXT3, 16-bit textures, etc. The old Banshee chipset didnt do those things, but im nearly positive that a Geforce 4 can do all that, including Wave animations.

I guess you're talking about the Ed Thruthan textures?You should install the oceanstx file as well.But even if you did you have to get down to a couple of hundred feet to actually see any animation (At least that was what I had to do). For me flying airliners most of the time it seems a bit waisted ;-)Hope it helps

I found the fix in this excellent forum. Just add these two lines of text to the display.cfg in FS2002 main dir and of I go, with water animation, reflexions and all. Isn't life strange...add:<000010DE:00000172>DriverValidate2=1this goes for my Geforce4 MX 420Get more fixex by searching for "Water texture" in this forum.