Sign in to follow this  
Guest eko

747-400 Advanced Panel Now Available

Guest eko

Uploaded last night, and it is now available in the avsim library.All new advanced 747-400 panel with full working overhead, pedestal, TCAS radar, Central pillar, ATC control, customized FS2002 GPS, APU, new PFD and HSI, and many custom gauges.It will work with any 747: POSKY, Meljet, or default.Filename:b747pan.zipOnline manual and screenshots:http://www.lovett.org/jsp/pub/fs/b747doc/index.htmlThanks for your patience while I got all the kinks worked out, and enjoy the big iron pit!If any issues come up, or if anybody has any questions, I will be checking the forums regularly today and will try to answer as soon as possible.

Thank you Eko for an oustanding job on the 747 panel. Have not had a chance to fly her yet, but looking forward too it tonight...Thanks for your hard work and efforts on this one... :-wave

Guest saudi_777

This has to be the best freeware 747 panel released to date!! :7 Thanks a lot Jorge! :-wave Also: Do you know of any good 747-400 sound-set to go with it, especially a GE-CF6 sound-set, available as freeware?Thanks for the CHILLIN' panel!! :DCheers,

Guest flightpro08
Guest captbulldog

that 10 bucks come with a FMC?

Eko, what a fantastic panel, I salute your talent, and thank you so much for your generosity in giving this amazing piece of work totally free. It's guys like you who make the world go round.Best Regards,Russell.

Guest eko

Thanks for the kind words everybody.I'm a cheap boy (that's why I only release freeware)... so I wouldn't spend $10 for just a sound set... BUT, that said... I've heard the sounds are really, really good. And you get a pretty decent panel to boot with those sounds! LOL!Seriously... the PSS panel is the pinnacle of 747 flying. No doubt. This panel is not meant to compete against it in ANY way... no freaking way! It's meant for "us" kinda simple people, who want a step up above what MS offered us. :-)But, to answer you question, I don't know of any dedicated sound sets for the 747. This isn't my area of expertise though... believe it or not, I'm a GA flyer. Maybe others can suggest some good sound sets?---------EDIT: Just did a quick search for sound sets, and I've found 8 distinct 747 sets you can try. (That should keep you busy!)Anybody have any experience with these? I'm looking for a good soundset myself.In the flightsim library:1. 7_4002k2.zip - by Clive Marriot2. 747snz.zip (and the update af1supgd.zip) - by Aaron Swindle (One of the masters of sound creation, Mike Hambly being the other.)3. snd747-4.zip - by Scott Schaar4. In two parts, 742s2k1.zip and 742s2k2.zip - by Ryuji Ozawa5. In two parts, b747ssa.zip and b747ssb.zip - by Mike Hambly (da master! Mike is an unbelievable sound artist. This is a Gold Seal Approved Set.)6. 747fs2ks.zip - by Matt UkenaIn the AVSIM Library(some are duplicates of the above - same number):1. 7_4002k2.zip - by Clive Marriot4. In two parts, 742s2k1.zip and 742s2k2.zip - by Ryuji Ozawa6. 747fs2ks.zip - by Matt Ukena7. In two parts, boeing747rrsnd1.zip and boeing747rrsnd2.zip - by Bilal Siddiqui (Rolls Royce set)8. 7-400sv3.zip - by Matt Ukena (another sound set by him)

Hi,THANKS!! Great panel!! THANKS!!The best I've ever used.Thanks to all you freeware guru's for making our hobby fun and interesting!Jasper.

Guest eko

Anybody have any suggestions on any of the sound sets? Thanks!

Flew It last night... Only once around the pattern with a mannual ILS approach but it preformed flawlessly... Fine work with an excellent outcome... Am looking foward to some long hauls with this very good piece of work...Ron Mashburn

I discovered a VERY small fault with this panel that is easily fixable.The icon for the pedestal panel (which contains the throttles and some other gauges) was missing and the "transparent" key spots would also not work.In the Panel.cfg file , I found this gauge38=cpt.icons!Pedestal, 72,111,12,12The cpt.icons! CAB file in my computer does not contain a "Pedestal.xml file " -- so I changed this reference to gauge38=cpt.icons!Throttle, 72,111,12,12 and also changed the word "pedestal " to throttle in a couple of other places in the panel.cfg file .Everything works as it should now .Other than that --great panel!!!!!!Barry

Guest eko

Nope Barry, that is incorrect information. :-)The pedestal.xml gauge is included in the NEW cpt.icons.CAB gauge that is included with the panel distribution. If you have an older one, and you didn't replace it with the one from this release, then that is why you will not see the pedestal icon, nor the transparent one either.So, simply take the cpt.icons.CAB gauge from the distro, and replace the one you have now in your gauges folder. You'll probably want to change the gauge definitions back to what they were too. :-)You were probably just the paranoid sort (like me) and didn't replace gauges when moving them to your gauges folder. I added a bunch of stuff to the cpt toggles/icons collection in V1.2, a pedestal icon being one of them. :-)