Sign in to follow this  

ok here is my 2004 wish list

PREFACE- please keep in mind that these are purely my wishlist - i agree not all things would be practical for optimum frame rates/perfomance issues. merely a brainstorming of ideas, etc. 11/07/02ATC- better separation between ai and human/ai a/c- sids/stars and correct flight paths and routes for a/i- be able to request higer/lower alt. due to weather, etc- real holds when aplicable- ai a/c should fly into and out of uncontrolled a/p as well requiring the player to call out legs to have meaningSCENERY- tire marks should stay permanent on runways- runways should deteriorate over time, potholes, crackes, etc. and you should "feel" the difference when landing on a bad runway, have a larger chance of damaging plane/wheels if you go into a pothole, etc.- should have an easy way of closing an airport for any real world reason and have pertaining graphics to the reason for ex. suppose a runway closes due to construction work of some kind being done on it - well then i want to be able to see construction vehicles by the rwy if i fly over it in the sim.- better and more different runway textures- true real world landclass for the whole world - just hire Justin (FSGenesis)- would like to see 3d fields, etc also round fields like in kansas or wherver they existsMISC- a full blown 3D terrain editor built in - i want to be able to go into the actual flight sim then enter a edit mode and then be able to float around and click on objects and change them to whatever i want, even move and change autogen buildings and trees, add hangers, jetways, everything on the fly, for example, FS does not have my little town correct i would like to be able to move and change different types of buildings and trees and be able to change roads as well. also the ability to change a texture tile to a different one, etc. and not just generic trees and buildings but real world types and the ability to design my own buildings easily.- a 3D painting utility where you can spin the a/c all around and choose for example a line the thickness and the color, etc and be able to instantly have it "painted on"- remember way back when where there were mini "games" included in the flight sim? well put a few back, with the smoke/spray effects we have now include the ability to spray crops (man just think a complete VA could be made based on this alone)- firefighting- skydiving - either with AI/human controlled a/c as well as the skydivers - a great online event, could even have contest of who could land the closest to said target, etc. but have it so that you could skydive offline as well, as the human player i would want the capabilites to skydive as well as take a bunch of AI skydivers up in a plane, etc.- towing gliders, human/ai gliders/towers and offline/online capability.AIRCRAFT- pay Lago tons of money for FSMatainence and incorporate that in the sim- be able to perform a real walk around - have a separate program module where you could looke at the hinge lines, etc and even have a ?? dont know what you call it but where you check fuel quality to check for water bubbles, etc and be able to find occasional faults with plane. this would then also incorporate a "mechanics" button or something that if you would find something wrong you could get it "fixed"- repairs to any a/c would be over several hours/days, etc depending on the severity of the repair/damage, etc and that a/c would not be able to be chosen to fly.- actual build up of snow/ice on plane, - would also effect aerodynamics of said plane.- the external model needs to remember dirt, etc. in other words if i taxi fast in a muddy field i want the dirt to stay on the plane until i choose to "clean it" (have an option to clean plane) also dirt would effect aerodynamics- built in loadout utility - with configurable seat/cargo, etc. - for example, suppose you want to "take out" all the "seats" in the C208 and just load cargo (the picture/image of the seats would change with images of carts.- the ability to be able to see 3d loads when in VC mode (for example, if im hauling cargo in the C208 and i "turn around" I want to be able to see boxes, etc. behind me.- please ms hire people like Steve Small - and have your flight dynamics cleaned up and improved. HELLO??? CRASH MODELING/DAMAGE no more parts of an a/c sinking into the ground - said part should rip off and leave ruts in the ground (the ruts would stay there for x amount of time until the grounds crew could fix it and when they do this should be animated as well.) when any a/c crashes (wether human or ai) on the runway - that runway should be closed for x amount of days before it opens again and you should see some sort of graphic indicating said crash. when any a/c crashes in an autogen building - that building should show crash damage to it - also it will get improved back to normal over several days and the player should be able to see this if they were to fly over it. completely get rid of the crash routine - all crashes should be just a cumulation of different damage levels - also the analysis of a crash should show give status on crew, goods (cargo) and/or passengers and the cost of the damage and how many days to fix/clear damage away. if pilot is "hurt" then you the player shouldn't be allowed to fly the flt sim until x amount of days have gone by.AI a/c- i want to be able to hear the engines spool up/throttle up, etc when taking off and decreasing when landingWEATHER- 3D snow,water, - snow that melts and turns to water and mud, etc- 3d waves on the ocean determined by winds- trees swaying determined by wind strengthciao!Brian S

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

As much as all that sounds extremely pleasing, and as much as I wish MS would be able to incorporate all that, if they were to, itd probabl take them 5 years and the final cost would probably run in the thousands, for all the time/money they spent developing. For that much cash and that long a wait I would just get my own PPL and get a plane and have to deal with all of that for real :-lolHowever, I don't think including SID's and STARs would be too hard, and I really hope they include this in a more advanced flight planner in the next version. I personally wish they'd just make it so that you can create your own legs, the same way you do in say the DF 734 FMC.And as far as towing gliders goes, you can be towed already in FS2002 using LAGO's Emma Field and their glider module, its a lot of fun!Scott