Sign in to follow this  
shermank

FS Nav, Autopilot , Throttle Control &Turbo Prop AC

A previous post concerning the Dash 7 Altimeter settings reminded me of a problem I have been experiencing with FS Nav. I honestly can't remember if I had this problem under WIN 98SE or not. At any rate, I now have XP Home.Problem: After setting flight parameters in FS NAV for any turbo prop AC, when I engage the Autopilot, the AC will commence to fly the flight plan of FS Navigator with one exception; the throttles begin a slow and continuous backoff to where there is a complete shutdown of engine power...not conducive to remaining aloft!Again, this is with ONLY turbo prop AC. Anyone else experience this situation?Thanks,Chris

I've had the same problem, but I wonder if this is because many of the turbos do not allow for a set speed in AP...therefore no way to set the speed, and fsnav backs it off to -o-...just a hunch...sherm

Thanks Sherm. At least I now know that I'm not alone with this problem. I would think "throttle response" would be "throttle response" irregardless of what the type of engine is, but obviuosly, it is not. Out of curiosity, do you run XP also?Chris

This brings another question to mind and would probably be answered by an actual pilot who flys turbo props.Can you set cruise speed, for the autopilot, in a commercial turbo prop?

>Thanks Sherm. At least I now know that I'm not alone with >this problem. I would think "throttle response" would be >"throttle response" irregardless of what the type of engine >is, but obviuosly, it is not. Out of curiosity, do you run >XP also? >>Chris No, I am still using w98SE...and i have found no reason to upgrade yet. In fact, my office suite is still Office 95...go figure..:-)sherm