Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jaaky

nVidia 40.72 Drivers Now WHQL Certified

Guest WorkingStiff

I was just visiting the nVidia website and noticed that the 40.72 drivers are WHQL certified as of November 8, 2002. I also noticed that nVidia is now distinguishing between Windows 2000 and Windows XP drivers; there are two seperate download packages.The link isn't on the main nVidia driver download page but you can find the 40.72 here: http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=winxp-2k_archive

Guest wizard01

Thanks for the heads up; I have now downloaded the Drivers.Can these Drivers be installed over the existing Drivers, or should they be deleted first?

You should be able to install any drivers over existing ones. I've never deleted old ones first and never had any trouble.If uncertain, follow the installation instructions to the letter...

I would first delete old driver , restart the comp in std VGA mode then restart again and install the new files . I've read so many troubles ...... Just my opinion .Creative GF4 Ti 4200 64 / WIN XP HOMEWHQL 30.82

Guest WorkingStiff

I didn't see your thread before.Kinda odd that if you follow the link I provided, the release date for the drivers is November 8, 2002 and not November 11, 2002 as your link shows.

I've tried installing these and I get an error "incompatible version of the RPC stub". I've gotten this same error upon trying to install some other programs too. Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it? I'm using Win98.Thanks.David

Guest WorkingStiff

The problem is caused when a program you installed overwrites the default OLEAUT32.dll file from Microsoft Windows.There is a patch from Microsoft that should solve this problem at: http://download.microsoft.com/download/msn...US/mcrepair.EXE What it does it reinstalls a few original Widows 98 DLL files, which were overwritten by some newer versions of those DLLs which you installed on your computer.If that fails to work, then try the following:Click on Start/Run and type in sfc then hit OK; the System File Checker utility will open. Select the second option (Extract one file from installation disk), then, in the white field, enter oleaut32.dll.Press Start (in the SFC box...NOT the Windows Start button), and in the next window, where it says Restore From, enter either c:windowsoptionscabs or the path to the CD (depending on whether the installation files are on your hard drive), then press OK.Once it's done, you'll be prompted to reboot.

THANKS! That fixed the problem!Much obliged.David

Guest georgi55

>Kinda odd that if you follow the link I provided, the >release date for the drivers is November 8, 2002 and not >November 11, 2002 as your link shows. It does show 11th after you select which file. If you select 40.72 2k/xp, then it goes to same link I provided.

Guest WorkingStiff

No problem! Glad I could help.

Can someone help me, I have windows ME, I download 40.72 for 98, ME and when I start to install I see Setup was unable to locate the following unf file needed for installation NV4_DISP.INF the installation will be terminated. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!Thank YouJacek

Guest kilo_sierra17

I am getting the same error also, Uusing 98 SE!, can someone tell please help!Kurt