Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Copyright issues

Here's a clip that can be attached to the bottom of your post, such as commonly used on Usenet. Comments welcome but please don't start a big dispute about it..ok!! [/p] [/p]Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107 Limitations on exclusive rights: the fair use ofcopyrighted work for purposes such as criticism,comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research is not an infringement of copyright. [/p] [/p] [/p]Gregory Abbey - Edwinnengineering

That's all well and good... but IMO, this belongs more in the Hangar Chat area than here. I don't see how it would apply as the beginning of a discussion here (although I do see how it would fit into some of your earlier threads)Just one man's take.

Ed; you hit the nail right on the head there. I'd suggest that if you want to continue your discussions about flight characteristics, you should do so on another forum. Also, if such discussion attracts the Posky hardcore, it's always best to just ignore their posts. Tom has made clear AVSIM's policy and he has a VALID POINT.

Just my opinion, but I think that a discussion of flight characteristics and aircraft.cfg files is exactly the sort of topic that does belong here. Since Mr. Abbey is not distributing the files, I don't see any copyright violation here. As to the original post, I think it was both informative and constructive. If others disagree with Mr Abbey's conclussions, that's a valid point for discussion.Personally, I find the frequent locking of threads on this forum rather frustrating.

Guest jase439

Seemes like this hobby is in need of a new "class" of product: Bureauware - an otherwise freeware product distributed soley in the dogmatic spirit of bureacracy and contempt for individual thought and contribution.

jase439:Now that's a post I agree with!:-beerchug-JohnCEO, CFO, DIS, PITALandclass Assistant & Autoland 2002These programs are licensed as Bureauware.Unauthorized suggestions and contributions for these programs will be considered hacks, and violation of copyrights set forth by the Board of Directors. Violators will be banned from use of said programs, participation in discussion boards, and Sunday corporate picnics.