Sign in to follow this  

With 2 IDE ports on an ABit BD-7II board, and 2 HD's and one DVD drive, I assume using the 2 HD's in master/slave config and the DVD on IDE2 is the best use of the ports. Any other ideas / suggestions?Thanks,Bruce.

That is the way I would do it. The only other possibility would be if you add a CDRW. It may require that you have it and the DVD on separate busses. In that case, I would make the HDs master on primary and secondary busses and one each CD Drive as slave on each bus.

Guest DNelson

I've always read that it's best to have devices of similar speeds on an IDE channel, since sometimes the slower device can slow down the faster device (a HD is much faster than a CD or DVD drive).I've got my HD on the primary IDE channel and a CDRW and a DVD-ROM on the secondary IDE channel, and everything works like a champ. If you have two optical drives sharing an IDE channel, the CDRW should be jumpered as the master.Dan