Sign in to follow this  
lmponte

Antialiasing problem

I have a problem with my GF4 Ti4200 card.If I select antialiasing below 4x, I have some display problems in FS. Above 4x, everything is fine. It doesn't matter if I select in FS or in the driver properties, the results are the same.However, the problems are different according to the drivers used.Using 31.00 drivers or below:Menu bar doesn't appear in fullscreen mode. Screen frezzes each time the mouse goes over a gauge. Screen remains frozen while the menu bar or the tooltips were supposed to be visible.Using 40.41 or above:Menu bar appears in fullscreen mode, but with a currupted appearance. Blackboxes behind and over the text. This causes errors in gauge display sometimes and it even got my computer crashed once.I am currently using 30.82 without AA at 1152*864, to overcome the jaggies a little. Wouldn't like to run on FSAA 4x because it takes too much performance away.I have tried WinXP SP1 and DX 8.2, no help yet.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3ddeb41d487d0370.jpg

Guest artl

My TI4200 was my first "high-quality" board, so I don't have any experience with others. I tried tweaking AA with lots of suggestions from the various avsim forums, but it was just taking so much time and effort and the results were basically unusuable.... many symptoms just as you describe... And even when I did "seem" to get some decent results, the FPS hit was considerable. So I eventually just gave up on it. I will probably just upgrade the drivers as they become available, and if AA doesn't work well, I will just ignore it.You will look for second opinions, of course, but mine, FWIW, is to ignore AA and save yourself time and aggravation.I sincerely hope somebody comes along to dispute this... with a complete "recipe" on how to get AA to work properly in less than a day and with minimal FPS hit :-) . I originally used the drivers that came with the board (ASUS), and now am using the 40.72. The board is ASUS V8420 deluxe in the A7V333 mobo. 1 gig mem, win XP pro.Art.

HelloI have exactly the same problem with my ASUS 8420 Ti 4200 128 MB (I have a PIV 2.4 GhZ and XP SP1). I tried different drivers to finally keep the 31.40 (IIRC) and I use the 4xS AA

Guest georgi55

I have exact same problem with eVGA GF4 TI4400.

Hello everybody.Hey we are four now, four or five more and we will become a "powerfull lobby" to press on don't know who, to solve our problem :-)Happy christmas to all of youKristof.

Got the same problem here with an Asus GeForce4 ti4400. No anti aliasing works OK for me as well as 4xs anti aliasing, but that will cost you some frames. I tried different driver versions but non of them solved the problem.Jasper

I have no idea what you guys are running into... but I run on a Win98SE system, Abit GF4-4200-128Meg without any of the problems you are seeing..I use 1200x960x32 resolution, 2xAA, "best quality" under mipmapping, nothing fancy with LOD settings or such and the Nvidia 30.82 drivers.All works perfectly.In the sim, I set anti-aliasing to "disabled" and in the driver display settings, I set AA to "always on".Desktop resolution is 1024x768x32.. this may not matter..Hope you track down what is causing your problem! 4xAA takes too much of an fps hit on my system.. 2xAA is just about right, with the FPS locked at 24..

Bert

Hi. After those messages maybe we begin to have some clue. We are three with an ASUS graphic card, Georgi55 do you have an ASUS card ???.Second we are under XP pro SP1 apparently it works well under Win98SE. So for the moment problem would be a ASUS GF4 graphic card under XP pro SP1 ????.Kristof

Guest georgi55

No, I have eVGA, but I do have XP Pro SP1, and I think you are right on the nail with SP1.I don't think it happened before SP1.

I have exactly the same problem with my msi ti4400 Windows XP pro SP1. but before sp1 I`ve had the same problem. So i dont think dat sp1 is the problem.

Hello guys,Last week I made intensive tests to try to solve this problem. I have tried different Detonator drivers, Omega drivers, Asus drivers and none of them solve the problem. It is still impossible to run under AAx2 without the known problem. It is possible to run without AA but the immage quality is awful. I made tests too about the impact of AA on Fps and I saw that it is tremendous. So looking further to try to solve this problem I would like to know (from those who have this problem of course) wich version of DirectX do you use ??I would like to test DirctX 9.Thanks in advance.Kristof

Guest georgi55

I'm still on 8.1 but I was thinking of going up to 9.

I am already on DX 9, and it has the same problem.______________________________________________Lu

Guest georgi55

Arg....so what the heck is cuaszing this?? :(I don't remember having this problem when I was on Radeon.edit: didn't have problem on GF3 either, started when I got GF4 TI4400Looks like its GF4 TI problem?