Sign in to follow this  
brucek

PC 2100 vs PC-2700

I'm wanting to upgrade my ABit BD-7II board to 1G of memory. Crucial state that either PC-2100 or PC-2700 will work with this main-board (although I may have the flash for the latter, I'm not sure). I currently have PC-2100 installed.Is there any noticeable performance in PC2700 vs PC2100? The prices are somewhat similar. Thanks,Bruce.

Guest ccgr

having faster memory will give you more frames per second. You will only gain performance if all your memory is 2700 though.

The PC2700 is probably going to be a better quality. The chip manufacturers build in batches. They test each unit and then label accordingly. It could be that you have some that get labelled PC2100 and other PC2700 just because of quality testing.Whether you would notice an increase in FPS depends on all the components in your computer, especially the CPU and its computational power.I bought some sdran for my nephew before Christmas. His computer will take 100MHz or 133MHz. Buying the 133MHz was $4 cheaper than the 100MHz. I attribute this to better quality control and more of a demand for the 133MHz vice the 100MHz.