Sign in to follow this  
RichardS

Virtual Cockpit

Hi there!Can anyone out there tell me if you can "fix" a virtual cockpit position - i.e. move to a position in virtual cockpit mode and then keep that position so that when you change views and then go back to the vc you are still in the position you left it in?I hope you can understand what I mean !!!ThanksJonny

Jonny,You need to go to the aircraft's CFG file. Look for a title of "eyepoint" . That is where you make adjustments for the Virtual Cockpit. There you will see a series of three(3) numbers. I believe(other people give different opinions, but these seem to work for me) that they are1) Up/Down, 2) Left/Right, 3) Distance from panel. For #1 a lower number moves the view down and a higher number moves it up. For #2 a lower number moves the view to the Left and a higher number moves it to the Right. For # 3 a lower number moves the view closer to the panel and a higher number moves it away from the panel. Make very small changes because that's all you need most of the time. The way I do it is I make a copy of that line and paste it below the original one. Then I put a ";"(without the quotes) in front of the original line and make my changes in the second line. That way no matter what I do I can always go back to the original setup if things get screwed up. Hope that helps.maxsdad