Sign in to follow this  
Lars Peter

Best OS for flightsims??

Hello there.I am interested in your opinions for the best operate system for the new and older flightsims.I just bought a new mashine IBM netvista 2.5ghz 256mb ram,Win.XPprofessional.I am not that impressed about the new upgrade when it comes to flight-sims.My old mashine,IBM-P3-600,win.98SE. is(belive it or not) faster to load web.sites and is not far behind this new computer when it comes to preferences with flight.sims.Both graphics and framerates.My home-computer is mainly used for simulators.Has this to do with the operate system??Would it be an idea to install win.98SE on the new mashine??Best regards.Lars Peter.

Good to hear from you, Lars Peter. I kinda miss Windows 98. While I do have a lot more programs running on my Windows XP platform, when it comes down to it I had fewer issues running 98 with FS2K/2K2...and with Flight Unlimited 2/3!!RickPGA #1114

Hello Rick!Yes, -this new XP-OS seems like a huge "vaacum-cleaner":-eek The new system is running a lot more options and is more advancedwhen it comes to network connections, but for my current use I findwin.98 much faster to work with, and is stable enough to handle all commond needs on the internet.All my old sims (flight unlimited series)will for some time remain on my old mashine.Time will tell if the new ms.sim will have positive values for XP.Best regardsLars Peter.PGA#1052:-wave