Sign in to follow this  
Guest WorkingStiff

Help with FS2002 Problem

Guest WorkingStiff

I would appreciate some help with a problem I just encountered.I've spent the past few days reinstalling FS2002 but earlier I attempted to start the program and got the following message: "Building indexes for new facility files. This process will take a few minutes." then FS crashes back to the desktop.I've installed several scenery packages so I'm not sure which one is causing the problem but does anyone know how to solve this? In hindsight I should have checked after each installation to ensure FS2002 runs but I was in a hurry to get the sceneries installed.THanks for any suggestions.

The way I would do it is open FS2002scenery.cfg with Notepad (after making a backup of it), and look for the sceneries you added last. Under these sceneries, where it says Active=, replace True with False for all. This will de-activate them in one go. Re-start FS2002. If it runs OK, start replacing False with True for one scenery first, thus activating that scenery. Save the file and launch FS. If it starts ok, then do this for the others, one at a time, till you catch where the error is.Hope this helps.

Guest WorkingStiff

Thanks Naji...I found the problem...it was caused by Wilco's Airport 2000 Vol. 3 scenery. I uninstalled it and now FS runs but now I have to figure out why it didn't work earlier. I've had this scenery installed before and it worked without problems.

Guest WorkingStiff

I'm bringing this thread back up since I'm still suffering from FS2002 crashing when I install some sceneries.After regretably reformatting my drive and wasting two days attempting to reinstall 15 GB worth of FS stuff, I managed to narrow down the problem to two bits of sceneries I've used countless times in the past without problems.I've taken a few screen captures to illustrate the problem. Hopefully someone can tell me how to solve it.(1) After I installed Wilco's Airports 2000 Vol. 3 scenery and I got the following message from FS which is normal:(2) After a few seconds I get a second message:(3) I drilled down into the message trying to figure out what was causing the problem and it seems related to the "facilities.dll" file.(4) I finally figured out what specific sceneries was causing the crash and I excluded them from my scenery.cfg file. However, I'd really like to use these two sceneries so I'd appreciate any advice on how to solve this problem.