I would appreciate an assessment/evaluation of my system and any suggstions that would improve my frame rates generally and in particular with LDS, PMDG, ASky et al in FS9.Currently I have put togetheran ASUS P4S800 m/b with a P4 3e Ghz processor 800 Mhz FSB.I am using memory modules from K-byte (2x512) total 1 mb DDR2700 PC 333 184 pin DIMM.My video card is GeForce FX 5600 at 8x AGP.My frame rates are averaging 5-8 fps. I understand that this is dependent upon the setup. Intuitively, I feel that the memory should be changed. Changed to PC3200 DDR400? Also, I purchases another video card, ATI XP700 Pro. I saw no appreciable change in performance related to fps. Could the memory modules be affecting this....I am asking for your help and suggestions in enhancing my flight sime experience. Do I have the correct video card, or should it be an Nvidia 6x series card? Should I keep the ATI? Should I keep the GeForce FX5600?Finally, with regards to AA, AF and sliders in general, what baseline settings would you recommend given each system will function differently.Thanks in advanceDom

Guest baksteen33

Hi Dom, it's hard to answer a display adapter question without knowing the resolution or display in use. In general, I'ld recommend to lower the visibility and cloud draw distances. AFAIK, the X700 is for PCI-e and not AGP. Good luck and kind regards Jaap

Guest Coneman

Hi Dom,Just to add a little to what Jaap mentioned, I think you should be getting higher frame rates with your setup. Even with my soon to be retired 1.4GHz cpu, ATI 9500 Pro I manage 10-15 fps outside of larger cities. My setup is 1152x864, AA4x, AF8x, Texture=Quality, Mipmap=Quality, AA turned off in FS. And believe it or not most of my sliders are maxed. Sight distance 60mi, cloud draw distance 60mi, 3D clouds 90 percent, detailed cloud coverage-high. Trilinear filtering, Mipmap=4, global texture size-massive. HTHTodd