Sign in to follow this  

Hey guys after 2 years of extensive use of my Alienware i've decided to upgrade since with christmas coming the time feels right. But this time i'll be building my first ever computer.. :S lol can't wait i suppose but anyway here is the spec i've put together. If possible can you guys take a look at it and recommend anything that could cause an issue like compaitability etc.. Many thanks oh and my budget is around

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

Guest Edwin

Hi,That's a good set of hardware to go for. No problems at all. Just a couple of things: first, the motherboard - you may want to consider getting an SLI motherboard e.g. the ASUS A8N-SLI. It should only be slightly more expensive (maybe 10-15 pounds?) but gives you the option to add a second video card in future for improved performance (a feature known as SLI). Secondly, the video card - I've heard fantastic things about the 6800GS and it's a new card (vs. the 6600GT which has been released for a while now). Seems like it's the card to get!Review here: http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2593&p=9(Note that the review doesn't believe in adding a second 6800GS for SLI so maybe you should consider just getting the 6800GS and not upgrading to an SLI motherboard. Your decision.)Hope this helps.EDwin

Save yourself some money. The difference between a 128 vs 256mb graphics card is negligible. Im running a Nvidia 6600GT Pcie card and an AMD64 3500 and between the two they take anything in FS9 I can throw at it.

Hi guys, sorry been a little busy didn't get to check this thread, thanks for your replies i've got the stuff ordered now here is the spec i've decided upon.Thermaltake TsunamiAMD A8N-E PCI-Express MotherboardBFG 256MB 7800GTGeil PC3200 6-3-3-2.5T DDR400600W Enermax PSUAudigy 4I think this should be more than capable of running FS really nicely.. :DThanks for your help really appreciate it!

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg