Guest wayupthere

Yeah I feel for you, 6 weeks can be very long, but it does beat you having to spend even more cash since your card it fairly new to start with. Usually the best choices aren't always the nicest ones to do anyway ;)

Hello!There are some news... but I feel I'll never get out of this sh*t!I intended to go to the shop where I bought the card so that they send it back to Asus, but decided before to go to the shop where I bought all other pieces of my PC. I explained my problem, and they made some tests. 2600 pts at 3DMark06 with my PC, which, they told, is too low for my specs. They tried a 7600GT too, and got much better results... So, after a call to Asus hotline who told them I had to send it back, it was clear the card was guilty.But 6 weeks is long to wait, so I decided to buy another Asus X1950Pro in that time, and to have Crossfire once I get the first card back.I received the new X1950Pro today, and I'm really disappointed because even if it works better than the first one, the results are not as good as they have been once. (that is, when the first card still worked properly) : 3400pts at 3DMark06. (the shop where they made the tests told me I could expect 5000pts with my specs... is that right?)So, do you have an idea why it doesn't work properly now, even if the card is new?Thank you very much!

After reading the whole of your thread, and I really mean everything, I have to say, I feel with ya.I have 1950 XTX, a good card all in all, but AA on my 9700Pro used to work much much better. Though it does work as you say, I still see some jaggies on some textures, and especially inner lines on the textures, shimmering on the letters on the aircraft etc.I tried drivers and drivers and was unable to find a decent solution, which would make me as happy as I was back with 9700 (pic-quality vise).IMO, I think you can stop thinking that you are ever going to solve this problem. I also went through many driver versions, tried ATI Tray Tools, 3rd party drivers, and tweaking into deep nights... without ANY better solution.So in the end, I simply decided its actually time to fly some FS and stop tweaking, cuz this problem simply ain't really worth it, if the card is pulling the FPS...But if you DO have some power to continue researching, I would gladly like to help, cuz MAYBE there is some solution!

Guest baksteen33

Hi, try what Kim suggested, use v.7.1. I'm also seeing a couple of anomalies with later drivers. The GPU driver alone can hardly be responsible for such benchmark differences. Maybe you forgot to turn off Vsync? Good luck & kind regards Jaap @ Davissan, those specs are absolutely totally ki-chigai-jimita! :-) I can't push my quad beyond 3.1 with the DS4 (air). Think I'll have to look for another non-ADI mainboard... Be well

I have just installed 7.1, just for the sake of the test - no real difference to 7.7. Still this mini-aliasing. And 7.1 are stuttering more than 7.7s.

Guest baksteen33

Hi Word Not Allowed, I didn't see your post, sorry. 7.1 seems to do well with a X1950pro. Well, it did here until a couple of weeks ago. Don't know about the XTX. AFAIK, at least 7.2 is from the same driver series. Maybe 7.3 too? Something changed later. FWIW, we're also seeing a couple of artifacts we didn't see a couple of months ago. It doesn't seem to be brand specific, it happens on both Radeons and Geforces. No real showstoppers though. Feel for you guys, kind regards Jaap

Hello,Word Not Allowed & Jaap, thanks for answering... I now know at least that I'm not alone! ;)"So in the end, I simply decided its actually time to fly some FS and stop tweaking, cuz this problem simply ain't really worth it, if the card is pulling the FPS..." : I believe that's a really good way to think, indeed! I'll try to resign then!Jaap, I already tried 7.1 drivers, without success unfortunately.Anyway, I hope someone will find a solution. If I'm the one who finds, I'll let you know, of course!Thank you again, and best regards!

Guest baksteen33

'Diplomacy' - thanks Bill! :-) - stops me from saying what could be said... ;-) All I'll say is, XP feels like a dead duck and Vista is like 'Grauwe Erwten' - which takes days to prepare if you want to eat really deliciously. :-) I theoretically welcome such technical cuts, we can only advance if we throw legacy overboard. Also, sometimes certain combos just don't work. In your case I would try exchanging the GPU (lending?) and go for a Geforce in the same price range. Alternatively, something basic is plain wrong. Hard to tell from here unfortunately... Good luck and kind regards Jaap

Guest wayupthere

Hmmm, that does indeed isnt right, maybe best to follow Jaaps advice, maybe try an Nvidia? (even with their issues). :/

Hello,I would have agreed that there is a system incompatiblity if it had never worked before, but that's not the case : my system worked great for about 5 months!Now, with my new X1950Pro card, I simply can't get back to that time : I still have some flickering and aliasing, and the performances aren't that great! (with the latest drivers : Catalyst 7.8)So there's my question : could it be that the graphics card is not the guilty one?What could it be then? The Motherboard? The Ram?Thank you very much!PS : I know that I told before I would follow the "stop tweaking, begin simming" philosophy, but it's very uncomfortable to fly with all those trees and buildings blincking just in front of you... :s

Hello,I have also been thinking about these other culprits. Just couple of months ago, I have been trying to battle sharpness of textures in FS9.One guy here posted in a screenshot forum some shots, which were unedited, but shown at some point much more further very sharp textures. So basically, compared to my setup, although top notch at that point, I wasn't getting anything similar.And even until today have I been unable to find the reason.Possibility would be, if I worked in a computer store, just to try out different mainboards with different graphic card and RAMs.No success. So I learned to enjoy what I have.

Hello,I understand your point of view Word Not Allowed, although I still think there is a real problem. Indeed, my FS used to be much better than that with the same material!Here's a screenshot to show you my problem now :http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3757/aliasingog5.jpgTextures are blinking, and I get only 20 FPS on that view, whereas I used to have at least 50FPS on the same scenery, with clouds in addition. So I have poor visual quality and poor performance... ?What I would like to know, is if the mainboard could be responsible for this. If that is the case, I could certainly find another one to try it.Because I can't enjoy flying in those conditions, with poor quality AND poor performance.Thank you very much,

Guest wayupthere

Hi Apo,2am here just got home, about to run to bed, but can you tell me your drivers version numbers..Meaning all your chipset driver(s) and your Current GPU catalyst version, if thats changed from 1.7?.A motherboard itself isn't responsible for the graphics section, this still remains to look more like a nasty driver issue than anything else.Curious, are you running a GPU profile driver, a windows display profile other than default steering your GPU?

As Davis said, this looks like a bad driver issue.In your case, I would try with a fresh XP, everything updated, no unnecessary services running, ALL the right drivers installed (hopefully you don't have onboard audio), and also something like Catalyst 7.2.Right from here, I can't say which drivers are right, but if you write me exactly your hardware, maybe I can give you couple of pointouts to start with... (mainboard, memory, GPU is sapphire or which one?, your PSU?)Quality-wise, I can't be of a much help, cuz from this screenshot, it looks the same as mine. I will make also a screenshot of mine with the zoom-in.EDIT: Make a screenshot of a close-up plane with 32-bit textures please (PMDG or something similar). Must be HQ textures plz.

Guest wayupthere

Hey Word Not Allowed,He already went through that and did a complete re-install of XP from scratch, still this issue remains..it really looks like its starting to boil down to a driver war on his system.. some driver must be causing this.. Right so Apo, get all your driver version numbers noted down here, and we can see from there.... really hope to get this sorted out.Now... Im really off to bed.. thank god theres such a thing called "tomorrow days off" lol...