Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Monitoring CPU Performance?

I have a Q6600 running on a GA-X38T-DQ6 board with 2BG of DDR3 RAM, GPU is a 7950GT (250MB). OS is WinXP.In BIOS there is an item that I left enabled to decrease CPU performance if heat becomes a factor. I'm wondering what is the best way to monitor if in fact the CPU is being constricted. This would from within XP, while I as running an application (FSX) that would be possibly capable of producing high demands on the CPU.Thanks- Bruce.

Guest wayupthere

Hi Bruce,Theres a nice application, actually one out of many, but this one get the highest overall ratings, being small and pretty accurate. Its able to monitor more things then the CPU, but depends on the mobo, just have a look.[a href=http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php]Speedfan[/a]Regards,

Hi Davis,Thanks- nice application, I will try it.Thanks also to all the help with this new build, it's working very nicely! :) I must get to OC when I get the time and courage :)Bruce.

Be aware that Speedfan ( Ver 4.33 is what I hae ) will read CPU core temperatures 15 degrees C lower that they actually are for the Q6600.To compensate for this, open the "Configue" window, click onthe "Advanced" tab and in the drop down "Chip" window select"Intel Core" then for the for "Temperature Offset" entries,set each to "15".Another great monitoring tool is Everset.exe. You can use theunregistered version to check many parameters and the Core temperaturereadings will verify the Speedfan "adjusted" settings.My Q6600,overclocked to 3.2Ghz with voltage upped to 1.4V runsat Tc=42C and the individual cores at 5-7C above that as I sit herereading the forums with FSX running in the background.Intel Q6600 G0 stepping Tc max is rated at 71C. Paul

Wide-5.jpg