Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

turner112

How much does a video card affect FS9/X performance?

Before spending any money on a new card, I'd like to determine what effect it might have on the actual performance of FS9/X.System in question (for now) is a Dell Vostro 200, 3 gigs of ram, Core 2 Duo e4500@ 2.19ghz.Any help appreciated.thxAndrew

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think people will tell you that FS is more of a cpu hog than anything else. While i agree with that to an extent, upgrading my ati x1650 that i started with on my current system to a superclocked nvidia 8800 saw framerates nearly double for me. How much of an improvment you see will depend on what card you currently have.Asus Striker Extreme 680i SLICore2Duo E6600 OC'd - 3.2GhzCorsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2Nvidia 8800GTS x2 SLI OC'd - 651/1051Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB 10000RPMSeagate 500GB WD 7200RPM RAID 0CoolIT Freezone Elite TEC/Chiller CPU Cooling Unit2 Samsung SM226BW 22" DualviewWindows Vista Ultimate 32bitSaitek X45 controllsBig Visa bill

Thanks - For FS9, anyway, my frame rates are currently decent; when I did this with my older machine, I saw a bit of an improvement in frame rates, but I was able to push the sliders up quite a bit more.Andrew