Sign in to follow this  

Just a Few Questions

Yohann,could please explain me the first three and the last three lines of the following flightplan:(FPL-SLRXXXX-IN-A320/M-SXHDIRYW/C-EBBRXXXX-N0445F330 SPI UL607 NTM UL984 BOMBI UZ714 DETEV UL603 TEGBA UW73 EGG UW74 VELUN UL605 DIVAL UY54 SVR/N0458F350 UY570 MAVIR UL606 MOKRU UL618 RODOP UV63 PEREN UJ60 MES UG18 LARKI-LGKO0319 LGRP LGAV-EET/EDUU0014 LOVV0056 LHCC0116 LRBB0140 LBSR0205 LGGG0224DOF/020717)

FPL-SLRXXXX-INSLRXXXX: Callsign, EG. SLR1234, AAL456, AFR827YO...I=IFR N=Non scheduled-A320/M-SXHDIRYW/CA320=Aircraft TypeM=Wake turbulence cat. L: MTOW<7000 Kgs / M: 7000136000 kgsSXHDIRYW: List of carried equipement: S=Standard / H=HF / D=DME / I=Inertial nav / R=RNP type certification / W=RNAV... C:SSR equipement: C=Mode A (4 digits - 4096 codes) and mode C.-EBBRXXXXDep AD and estimated block-off time (zulu time).-LGKO0319 LGRP LGAVDest AD, total estimated elapsed time (EET) and alternates AD (max 2).-EET/EDUU0014 LOVV0056 LHCC0116 LRBB0140 LBSR0205 LGGG0224 DOF/020717)EET: Significant poitns or FIR bdry and accumulated EET to such points. eg LRBB FIR reached after 1hour 40mins of flightime.DOF: Date Of Flight: 17 jul 2002.I hope that was clear.Yohann.

>So what if their SID they filed isn't for the runway that the ground >directs them to for departure? Do they have to scramble really quick >to file a new SID and same for STARS or are landing and takeoff >runways all predetermined and ATC follows the flightplan?ATC will amend the Flight Plan if they file a different SID or STAR that is in use. In the US not all pilots file SID's and STAR's, nor are they required to. SID's and STAR's are the domain of ATC. Many pilots never file a SID or STAR they just leave it up to ATC to assign one.The Airlines tend to routinely file SID's and STAR's. I don't know the exact reason for this, though perhaps it has something to do with Airline dispatch departments working so closely and regularly with ATC they know what SID's and STAR's are routinely used.The US doesn't have as many runway specific SID's and STAR's as they do in Europe, and in some cases one SID/STAR can serve multiple airports. So a runway change often may have no effect on the SID/STAR in use.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

thanks for the explaination!appreciate itSeba