Sign in to follow this  

FS2002 and EFIS-98 flight planning utility.

Now many flightsimmeres changed to FS2002 (as I did....) a lot of tools have become useless. I always used EFIS-98 together with FS98 and loved it, now I would like to use a kind of stand-alone plug-in tool together with FS2002 aircraft which don't have a FMS.I installed EFIS-98 and load it into FS2002 but the displays keep flickering al the time.Is there anybody out there who managed to get EFIS 98 working with FS2002? Or maybe there is someone who knows a good alternative for EFIS-98 that will work with FS2002. The only one requirement I have is that there will be an AIRAC cycle update available.Thanks in advance for your help.

EFIS98 will work in FS2002 as a detached window, it doesn't work when it sits in the FS2002 window.I also liked the EFIS98 Planner program.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest The Ancient Brit

Ernie,I am using the EFIS98 Planner for FS2K2, on a system running Windows XP incidentally. Apart from full screen editing in contrast to the small window that FS2K2 uses; the other advantage the EFIS98 planner offers me is the clarity with which single waypoints in a string are shown. Typically I create strings of waypoints from flight tracks recorded using the freebie utility Fltrec (available from Avsim). The EFIS98 planner allows me to select only those waypoints I need and thus I can blend many recorded flight tracks to form one coherent FS2K2 flight plan.Denis. The Ancient Brit.Once should always count one

Hiwww.fsflightmanager.com may be what you're looking for.Weather maps from FS2k2 weatherMonthly AIRAC updates at www.navdata.atFlight-plan printouts Metar station reportsEn-route weather indicationsBest regards//Neil

Guest The Ancient Brit

Neil,Having visited the fsflightmanager site I could find references only to FS2K, none whatsoever to FS2K2.Denis. The Ancient Brit.

Hi DenisYes, it's not very clear but if you get the v1.3 upgrade then it handles FS2k2 and you can download both a generic FS2k2 "scanned" scenery with all the navaids, and also pre-scanned detailed areas which allow you to zoom in on airports etc, to taxiway level.One problem I did find was that Taipei RCTP existed on the "generic" scenery but the Asia download listed it as RCGM which is nearby but not the same airport. So I load the main scenery first and then the more detailed, but for flight planning it's not really necessary. I guess I should report this on their forum.Best regards/Neil