Sign in to follow this  
Guest obk

ASSIGNMENT: BAL426A EGCC-MMUN Full Flight Package!

Guest obk

Download the following file to reveal:-Full real world flight plan-NAT's-SigWX-Enroute Aerodrom MET-Aloft Winds-Bug CardPlease read the included breif for more information.Aircraft is Boeing 767-300ER G-OBYE downloadble from AVSIM.COM in the new TUI LIVERY.Also, I would appreciate any comments/screenshots/articles about how you went on! The real one has just left the gate as we speak, so on ur bike to fly with it!Like I said, appreciate, and we'll see a lot more of these "Realism Assignment Packs" to come!FILE: http://www.alfaone.co.uk/BAL426A28JUL02.zipRequires Adobe Acrobat. CheersOBKP.S - Had a bit of trouble with the planning down from the concluding waypoint of NAT E to CANCUN, well, that's what I heard! :>>>>))))Edited to tell you what aircraft it was!

Nice Package!I'd fly it myself but I'm in the middle of a flight from EHAM to KJFK with Delta 81.Where did you get/how did you create the flightplan? I used to have access to realworld flightplans when my brother worked in ops, but he stopped that a few years ago, so I have to spend a while creating my own now!Perhaps I'll fly this one tomorrow! I look forward to seeing more of these!Rich

Hi Ben,The flightplan is real enough but why use "Standard winds/temp data" when you could have made it even more realistic with Aloft winds. I suppose you are aware Fsmeteo can download real world aloft winds.All the other information is Candy but useless since the flightplan is not using the real world winds.So its pointless to have all the charts? won't you say.... Best,Haroon PIC767 Beta tester

. . . accurate fuel consumption as well.

Guest obk

Thats where the challengine thing comes in, you have to, like a real pilot, interpret how much more fuel you will need...That's why, obviously, I included the charts with the FSMETEO weather.

Guest obk

Also, just this minute, I just flew over thunderstorms...over CAM. If you look at the SigMet, you can see a lot of ISOL EMBD CB.....hence the reason for the charts...like REAL WORLD.I've seen more appreciative emails...

>Thats where the challengine thing comes in, you have to, >like a real pilot, interpret how much more fuel you will >need... So you are saying... Real pilots pick how much fuel they want for each flight ? Seems highly unlikely! In other words all these companies who send millions of dollar on Flight operations department shouldn't ??? cause "real pilots" can dicate how much fuel they want.Best,Haroon

Guest obk

Exactly correct. Unless your saying no matter what, they must always do what the fplan tells them? (which you have assumed they spend MILLIONS!? on? hmmmm, highly unlikely). What happens if MR Millionpond Software didn't noticed mr CB and Mr Real Pilot wants to divert? NO NO! must go striahgt through the CB, don't even think about adding fuel!Yes, you where correct, it is up to real pilots to figure out, and confirm how much fuel they want onboard.I assume you think I made up these flight plans? Where do you think I got them from.Also, did you read my post..."How much MORE fuel they would need"...not "How much fuel they would need alltogether".Also, I have had a lot of appreciative emails regarding my efforts for putting this pack all together, you obviosuly are somewhat disturbed by my efforts, so let's leave it here and you can go back to flying as you where.

>Also, just this minute, I just flew over >thunderstorms...over CAM. If you look at the SigMet, you >can see a lot of ISOL EMBD CB.....hence the reason for the >charts...like REAL WORLD. >>I've seen more appreciative emails... Exactly my point... Ben if you want realism then Why not generate the flightplan with the real world winds. What you have right now is not realistic except for the charts. Since its a westbound flight I could easily be 30 mins late according to the flightplan!Since its a generic route... I bet it will never change ?I appreciate your efforts don't get me wrong. All I am asking is... can you create a similiar flightplan with winds? I would sure love to fly it.Best,Haroon

>Exactly correct. >>Unless your saying no matter what, they must always do what >the fplan tells them? (which you have assumed they spend >MILLIONS!? on? hmmmm, highly unlikely). Check out the KLM contract with Lido... its not cheap.>What happens if MR Millionpond SoftwareI said Dollars not pond>didn't noticed mr CB Two words for you. "Dispatcher" and "ACARS" and Flight Ops monitor your flight minute by minute.>and Mr Real Pilot wants to divert? NO NO! >must go striagt through >the CBOK So Pilots can decide anytime they want to divert? how about Man I don't feel like goind to KLAX lets just go to Las-Vegas.. we'll play some blackjack and continue on to LAX tomorrow?.... First of all, Flightplans do take the CBs in account and always plan around it... if not ATC will advise or you can simply request a vector around it. In any case.. Dispatch will always add "OPTION FUEL" if the flight will encounter SIG weather... sometimes you have ATC delay! BTW... who informs "Mr real pilot" about the ATC delay ???Finally... Flightplanning software used by major airlines is far more complex than what you are saying. I am not sure If you are aware that each aircraft in a fleet has a slightly different fuel burn. So when the flightplan is generated it calculates the fuel specific for that aircraft. To keep it simple... When you arrive at your destination FOB is always more then predicted if not EXACT.>Yes, you where correct, it is up to real pilots to figure >out, and confirm how much fuel they want onboard. How am I correct ? I am saying the reverse.>I assume you think I made up these flight plans? Where do >you think I got them from. Please don't assume... These flightplans are alot complex for you to create. I believe it was generated on a genuine program. Looks similar to Crossair?Best,Haroon

Btw.. what is your real name... is it Fair W or Ben Alexander-Brown ?.I say that because the file you uploaded was from Ben.Best,Haroon

"Unless your saying no matter what, they must always do what the fplan tells them."- Well in most cases this would mean the software was not doing it's job. They would notice the CBs, plot the most effecient route around them and add fuel accordingly.Take this REAL plan ACA007 YVR-HKG in the RMKS section the following information is given."RMKS..PLANNED VIA R220..NO WHEELS UP TIME REQUIRED.. RTE VIA JAPANS NORTH COAST WXX FUEL FOR POSS CB'S OVER JAPAN ASSOCIATED WITH TROPICAL STORM HALONG DEVIATION FUEL PER MEL 28-42-01 D1."You might as well generate a generic route from FS2002's flight planner if your not going to plan with winds aloft.

"What happens if MR Millionpond Software didn't noticed mr CB and Mr Real Pilot wants to divert? NO NO! must go striahgt through the CB, don't even think about adding fuel!"1)why would the pilot know more about any likely CB's on the route than the dispatcher before he starts his flight?airliners don't refuel in the air3)I think if the pilot meets a cb,he will more likely ask for vectors than to divert.2)I think Mr Real Pilot never heard of contigency fuel?

Guest obk

Ok guys point taken. Basically, It would take me too long to implement the winds aloft.Normally when I do short flights and use the program I use, it's within 200kg accuracy, without planning the winds aloft...long haul routes are different as I just landed about 1hr ago with +7Tonnes of fuel over the flight plan. Sorry to be real arrogant. Harroon, sorry pal. Are you a real dispatcher!? That would be great news for the forum, maybe you could do some flight plans?Sorry again...but come on, it's Semi-Realistic?

Guest filfpg

helloobk,maybe you didnt notice but some real plans have been posted on this forum created for plans ...!!!but i dont think posting a lot more as a few askers say thanks it took time to create edit and post a plan....!!!hope this answer your question on real plans...!!!!