Sign in to follow this  

ELSA Revelator

Guest byoung

Anybody have these glasses? Do they work with FS 2002? I am having a heck of a time getting the NVIDIA 3d stereo to kick in via toggling...Is there something I need to do tp the FS 2002.cfg file?I hear that the e-Dimensional glasses work just fine.. They are basically the same glasses..I am using 30.82 standard and 30.87 Stereo driversThe card I have is the GEForce 4 ti 4200 w/ 128MB RAMAny help would be appreciated!Thanks!Barry

Hello Barry,I have the E Dimensional glasses, which I think are very much like the Elsa Revelator. I sometimes have trouble getting the Stero drivers and glasses to synchronize and work properly, but when they do it is worth it especially when using the virtual cockpits.Here is what I suggest. First if you are using the 3087 Stero drivers, why not use the 3087 standard drivers with them as they are made to go together, instead of the 3082 driver. I use the 3087 both ways and they work well together. I would use the driver and Stero driver that are made to work with each other, whether they are the 3082's or the 3087s'.Now, here is what I do to get the stero toggeled.When stero doesn't start, go in to the menu of the flight sim, OptionsSettingsDisplayHardware now set the resolution one resolution lower than what you started with, click OK and close the Display window, you probably will get stero now but not at the resolution you really wanted, do not despair. Go back to the hardware window and now, reselect the original resolution you started with, close the window, and usually you will have stero working. Occasionally Stero is still fussy and won't start, if that is the case try changing resolutions around either higher or lower until stero works. Sometimes stero will start right up and other times, it is the very dickens to get, I don't know why. Using the 3087 for both the Stero and the standard drivers work better at starting up than the 3082 did. That is on my machne and my experience, others may be wildly different. LOLI have taken to shutting down the flight simulator at one resolution lower than I wnat to use, (for example: I want to use 1280x960x32 resolution, I will shut the simulator down at a resolution of 1280x768x32), then when I start the simulator, I go to the hardware window and select the 1280x960x32 resolution. This generally works well.All of the above is assuming you are in full screen mode, as one cannot get stero in a window, you must be in full screen, (ALT+ENTER).Hope this helps or at least gives you some ideas to expand upon. If you discover anything better, or something that works for you, please post. Sterographic 3D to me is totally amazing. After using it, to go without it, is akin to eating a boiled egg without salt. :DDonald E. Donovan

Guest byoung

Hey Donald,Thanks for the reply.. My point is why do you have to jump through all of these hoops? You should be able to load FS, load your flight, and then toggle your 3d on. I don't understand why you have to change resolutions, etc.Something is not engineered correctly, and it looks like NVIDIA is dropping 3d Stereo support all together. Check out their latest drivers..Take care and thanks again..

Howdy again Barry,Yep, in a perfect world with all things right, the things you ask above would indeed all be resolved into the best possible outcome. However it has been my experience, that in a imperfect plane of existence such as we find ourselves currently in, there is oft no perfect answers. :DSterographic 3D is a pretty complex thing in my estimation. The screen has to be perfectly synchronized with the glasses, the glasses must be in absolute sync with the screen, not to mention the graphics we are looking at, the drivers must do a nearly perfect job of drawing everything several times over, it gets pretty complicated. Personally I find it amazing that it works at all. And besides, isn't this incessent tweaking the fun of it anyway. I find I am getting an average of 25fps most of the time, my scenery looks better than it ever has, and what do I do? Well of course I fire up Riva Tuner one more time to wring the absolute last drop of juice out of this thing. Always looking for that perfect set of drivers, that will indeed, zoom us to nirvana instantly, (even though I know that no such thing exists), I am on the continual quest, as it appears, nearly everyone on this forum is doing. What are we doing here if not that? The human condition is never satisified, but conversely that is a good thing.Actually all that MSFS2k2 is, is a benchmarking tool for our systems. Most of us probably spend more time tweaking than we do flying. And if we are not tweaking we are here, looking for that Silver Bullet Tweak that will lift us above and beyond.Mostly kidding here!!!!!!!!!!Of course a lot of us simply come here to visit, and shoot the bull as it were. :)Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most.Edit: I almost forgot Barry one other thing to check is to make sure v-sync is turned on in your drivers. It is by default, but if you have turned it off, it may help to turn it back on, via the control panel.

Hello Barry and Donald,I also have the EDimensional Glasses and for me they work like a CHARM, in fact I can't fly anymore without them it's that simple.It sounds kind of weird all the problems you guys are having, for me it's a snap to get the 3D glasses working everytime, here's what I do... I start MSFS and when the first screen appears the 3D is already working, if it's not all I have to do is press CONTROL+T and it works every time, this is the abreviated mode and I've never seen it not work!Make sure that you have your stereo setting correct in the NVidia control panel, here's what I've got:Stereo Activation Mode - AbreviatedStereo Type - Flip PageStereo Separation - 30%Stereo Gamma Stuff - 1.0Now in aditional properties make sure that you know all the shortcuts and the key combinations, usually the only ones that matter are Stereo on/off (CONTROL+T), More Stereo Separation (CONTROL+F4), Less Stereo Separation (CONTROL+F3), More Gamma (CONTROL+G) and Less Gama (ALT+G).Also make sure that you go trough the stereo config process, if done right you will only have to do it once!, that is... install the drivers, go to the NVidia stereo page (inside your screen properties), set the settings like the ones I have (I think they are the default ones), run the medical test image AND THEN THE DRIVERS WILL ASK YOU *IMPORTANT* "Did you see the medical Image???, SHOULD 3D STEREO BE ENABLED???" if you don't say YES stereo will not run!, if you do say yes stereo applications should run with no problems, after that little question you should run the Stereo Test and Config, put the setting of your monitor, refresh speed, resolution and run the test, it should run with no problems at all.Then any games that have 3D graphics will either run with 3D on by default or you will be able to turn it on and off using CONTROL+T, it's very simple.I hope this helps you guys!, 3D stereo is so much fun! but it can also be a very simple process.Best of luck,Alex.

Howdy Alex,I am really glad to hear that yhou are problem free. I have done all of the things you listed and stero works like that for me about 80% of the tme. Once in a while though stero refuses to start. When this happens I can see that I am getting the double image but apparently the glasses and the screen don't sync together. If this happens I can fiddle with the resolution within flight simulator and get it to working. I don't know why at times this problem arises but from time to time it does.That is a nice sig you have there. :)

Guest byoung

Got it semi working... The issue about the medical imaging and seting should stereo 3d be enabled helped. I answered yes..Now I don't know what the problem but I an getting lines..See attached image..Any Ideas?ThanksBarry

Guest jaapverduijn

These vertical line or lines are simply a matter of adjusting either stereo separation or convergence. Just push some buttons and you will be able to adjust it all exactly to your wishes. Have fun!Jaap Verduijn.

AMEND TO MY POST, Make sure you turn off the top menu!, in the pic you sent I can see it there, read the rest of this post and it might help!Hello again guys!Hmmmmmmm, that also happens to me sometimes, specially when I'm flying in VatSim and I need to ALT+TAB to go to other programs, the problem is:I can see 2 lines in the sides of the screen but no double image, hence no 3D stereo, the way I solve this in a snap is... I press just ALT, the sim pauses and the top menu comes up, then I press ALT again to make the menu go away, stereo kicks right in.You can also try to press ALT, this brings the top menu, then click on the screen, it should work just as fine.NOTE: Stereo works best in the virtual cockpit, the effect should stay there 100% of the time, in 2D cockpit mode I get a stereo flicker it goes on and off, also when in virtual mode if you bring up the NAV radios or the GPS the effect stops and kicks back in when you close close the NAV or GPS, once I got the 3D effect to work while having the GPS or NAVs on the screen and it was a real pain! it was very hard to read the freqs and see my path on the GPS, so now I'm happy the way it works.So, try to stay in virtual cockpit with no extra windows, it should work with no problems.Donald, you also have a pretty nice signature yourself! :)Best of luck!Alex.

Great post Alex,And yes Barry you must be in full screen without any windows or the menu showing. I have never gotten the vertical lines that are showing so am at a loss.Your suggestion above about using Alt key has really struck a chord with me Alex. I am about to hazard a guess, that when I was fiddeling with the resolution, all I really needed to do was bring up the menu with the ALT key then close it. Can hardley wait for my 3D to quit again to see if that works. If it does will be much quicker than fiddling with the resolution. Of course now 3D probably will never fail, so I will never really know if that is what it is. LOL :DI guess that when the stero fails it is a loss of syncronization between the glasses and the IR and the screen.The upshot is I really like the stero effect and wish everyone could experience it, without any of the problems we all have when running a flight simulator. LAUGHoutLOUDBy the way Barry, be sure and go through the setup on the Stero Control Panel, save each one of the resolution settings and try to setup with as high a refresh rate for each resolution as you can and then save it. This should help. Also a program such as PowerStrip,( a shareware program), can help you find and set the highest refresh rate your monitor can handle.

I found the wire around the little cylinder near where the wire is plugged into the dongle caused me some trouble. The wire is fragile and causes my system to lose one side of the lense. I just turn and jiggle the cylinder until it begins working. May be your problem too, caused me alot of sleepless nightsHave A Good Day !!!! Rex

Barry,I have the E-D glasses and had a bear of a time installing them but they work fine now. One thing that worked for me is the following - Go to the opening screen (choose a/c etc). Click on Settings - Display - Hardware. Remove the X in the enable hardware acceleration box, wait a second, then put the X back. This caused Fs2002 to search and find the drivers again and solved my problems. Good Luck.... The frustration is worth it cause they are a wonderful addition.