Sign in to follow this  

Does Anyone Realy Care About VC's?

Guest tascaso

When I am flying a small GA in Alaska I love the VC cockpits and the more detail the merrier. I love a GA airplane with an excellent VC!!!! Now when flying the heavy iron I could care less. I am too busy looking at plates, FMC's, DH, V-speeds, runway minima, the autothrottles are surging and on an on.....I do not care...my head is down and I am not looking out the window cause it is just to scary out there! Yes the second monitor is on the way and it will be a Flat Screen...!Tony

Jeeze! What type were you in?Seminole.There was a temp inversion that day, and I think that's what influenced the early stall.Were you able to recover with control inputs alone or did it require opposite power to stop the rotation?I was full opposite rudder and neutral controls and the thing was NOT stopping. The instructor called for it and applied opposite power, and eventually it came to a stop and we were just in a nice dive pretty close to the water.The horizon looked mighty good back in its rightful place.

Guess I'll be stuck in FS2002 for many years, if FS2004 goes only to the V-cockpit concept. Their goes all the wonderful freeware/payware panels I love to fly. Their goes PSS airbus, their goes 767Pic etc.. I mainly fly IFR, but do like to peek out the window here and there.I don't care to fly with square seats, and square panels.

Sounds like you had to change your clothes when you got back to the FBO!I was thinking about starting a "what was your scariest experience" thread but I don't know how well that would work on a flight SIM board. Your story would definitely qualify.

I do not really care for the vc panels.Some designers have uploaded to sites a fix for removing the vc panel via .mdl or .air files.I think all designers that release their models make a version of both for folks who like them and folks who do not.I have my favorite panels I like to use. 99% of the time the vc panel view messes up the 2d panel views.