Sign in to follow this  
wb5okj

Henschel HS P75 go get :-)

The Henschel HS P75 by Steve Robinson is a must have if you want a fun, excellent handling aircraft.Ok it has some tiny flight dynamic issues but overall this aircraft flies beautifully and gives a very realistic drag approach landing experience more so than most I have tried.It comes equipt with a VC and is freeware.Well worth a downloadPeter

Hi Its in the Avsim library under hsp75.zip or type in Steve RobinsonPeter

Peter, thanks. Donald, some of these German contraptions are rather an insult to ducks which, after all, are quite good looking and nice and fluffy. It does seems that the mid-century German aircraft manufacturers took delight in creating flying freaks. I'm sure it was all jolly entrepreneurial and experimental at the time and has led to the subsequent success of BMW, Volkswagen, blah blah blah .... but to me it looks as though they put the tail upside down on this one, and the sharp bit at the wrong end. But then at least the cockpit is in the middle somewhere ...I thought it was only the Japanese who read blueprints back to front ...Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontEDIT: Couldn't find it using Peter's keywords ... but try "Henschel" and there it is.http://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

MarkIf your not keen on the Swastica thing theres a modern version in the download.What I like is the model is well balanced and lands realistically :-)Peter

Guest outtatimeiii

I never really liked the P75 much. I like the Reno Air Racer P-51 the best. It looks good, flies fast, handles great, engine sounds great, and its extremely fun to fly. Excellent plane if you want to chase the AI around LOL. It can even go mach .7 at 32,000ft (I have done this before).The P75 is just overpowered for me (well maybe its because of the dual engines LOL). Its also on the touchy side, makes it hard to fly formation.

Thanks for the headsup Peter,This is indeed a fun aircraft to fly. I thought the Socato that was put out for us the other day had a really unique panel, but the virtual cockpit in the P75 takes the cake, hands down for uniqueness. When I first saw the VC it didn't seem to be really in there, but when I turned on the E Dimensional glasses and saw this panel in real 3D, then it made all the sense in the world. It is amazing when we firt see most of these virtual cockpits they seem to me to be out of proportion, and they most often look awkward, but then seen in sterographic 3D everything comes together and makes sense.Thnks to Steve Robinson for his artistic and programming prowess.