Sign in to follow this  
PeterR

Repaints

Guest emergency_pants

Hi,Forgive me if this has been suggested before.The suggestion comes from this morning as I was looking through the latest uploads in the FS2002 aircraft library.I personally don't fly airliners very much. No big deal there, but I did find myself skipping page after page of repaints for airliners, of various shapes and sizes.My perception may be a little wrong about this, but I would think that repaints for aircraft make up a very large percentage of uploads into FS2002 "aircraft" library.Would you consider creating a seperate library for repaints?I tend not to bother downloading repaints for my aircraft, unless there is something I particularly want... and then I go and search it out. Happens seldomly though. I'm more interested in seeing the new MODELS in the Aircraft library. It would make browsing alot easier if I dind't have to skip through the repaints.I wondered how many people agree, or feel the same way.Thanks for your time and I have to say that AVSIM libraries (and forums)are the best I know of.Cheers,Simon.

Simon,You raise a good point. We have seen a large increase in repaints more so for fs2k2 then for any other FS to my knowledge. The problem is that sometimes it is very difficult for us to identify repaints over original files and Sometimes it's not. The only problem now is, if we added a sub-catagory for repaints, it would take us ages to move all the current files over to the new sub-catagory. However, that being said I will consider your suggestion as it is not the first time it has come up. Regards,Rick RossnerSr. Library ManagerAVSIM Onlinerick@avsim.com

One criterion for separating them might be the inclusion of a model (.mdl) file. If it has one, aircraft. If not, repaint.