Sign in to follow this  

Sound problem in FS2K2

Good evening folks,I have stumbled uppon a very bizzar problem.a week ago i upgraded my old pII 350mhz with 320mb ram (sdram) to a Athlon Xp 1700+ and 256mb DDR soundcard is onboard.Fs2k2 started to run very nice but with one excpetional problemthe sound just kills the fpswhen i turn sound off i get 22+ fps but when i tunr it on the fps starts to reduce and boune between 10 and 15Is there a solution to this situation or do i need to consider the possibility of flying without sound or ofcourse waste more money on a new computer (which is obviously out of the question for now)btw my new motherboard is : -VIA KT266A AGPset-Socket A for AMD Athlon

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm not a computer techie, but there may be an IRQ conflict between your video card and sound card. sherm

No,Otherwise either the sound card or the video card wouldnt work due to a code 10...Ben.

Also try turning down your sound quality from within the simulator.Also also, try Start/Control Panels/DirectX/Direct Sound tab and endure debug level is set to less.Also, also, also try DirectX/DdDiag/Sound panel and turn the sound acceleration to a lower level or even off.Also, also, also, also, (this is getting boring), make sure you have the latest drivers for your sound card/motherboard. Sometimes there is a seperate driver update for the soundchipAll of the above have been known to interfere with sound quality and FPS.Hope this helpsMark Underwood(Adelaide, Australia)