Sign in to follow this  
John_Tavendale

Two Project Fokker important observations.

Hey Gang!Project Fokker has outdone itself. *******! These models are outstanding; beautiful panel; awesome sounds; magnificent flight dynamics - - - The Works!Two negative observations however:1. No nose wheel steering. This is minor and I can live with this but I thought it deserved to be brought up. No biggie here!2. No wing airbrakes. This is big since American Airlines, Mexicana, UsAirways, and Midway, do not use the tail airbrake. These airlines have disabled this particular airbrake and rely on the wing airbrakes. As a matter of fact, most airlines using the TAY650 version do not use the tail airbrake in real life. If they do, I have never seen it deployed. The fokker-70 does utilize the tail airbrake.Has anyone observed this?Just my 2 cents! Otherwise, this is definitely one of the best addons (freeware addons) ever.Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullerthttp://www.aavirtual.com/images/aav48_banner.gif[/img]

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Guest roderic757

to answer your questions or concerns... I have downloaded aircraft as well... and two things.. THEY ALL WORK!! the nose wheel only moves if the aircraft moves.. and the wing spoilers work if you press...Shift-T.. this will arm them.. I hope this works and please go to thier support section and they have the Q and A section this is where I got this information...happy flying cheers..

Hey Roderick!Thanks for your feedback!I should have thought about the nose wheel steering thing; I remember the Meljet 747 worked the same way. On the airbrakes, I agree, but still, in the TAY650 model, the rear spoiler should be disabled.Thanks for your input!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullerthttp://www.aavirtual.com/images/aav48_banner.gif[/img]

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

>Hey Gang! >>Project Fokker has outdone itself. *******! These models are >outstanding; beautiful panel; awesome sounds; magnificent >flight dynamics - - - The Works! Wow! Was ******* one of the programmers on this project? ;-)Seriously though, I am downloading this plane as I type. Am quite excited about it from all the hype you folks are giving it. Can't wait to fire it up!Regards,Gord NoseworthyNewfoundland, Canada (CYYT)

Guest roderic757

Hey there.. thanks...just to answer that one point.. if you do the shift-/ this will arm the tail spoilers so DONT do that.. otherwise they do not deploy.. cheers for now and happy F100

I have had the oportunity to be in the cockpit in the F-100 with Mexicana. I was told by the captain that thrust reversers are not used under normal ops, the airbrake was. He also told me that they (Mexicana) had special breaks installed on their planes so that they can really stomp on em. What he told me was that with the TAY 650's, if the airbrake is deployed and the reversers used, damage to the rear appendage could occur.Mark

I was under the impression that AA did not use the tail airbrakes either. This comes from my observations after 10 years of working for AA. However, I live about 17 miles South of DFW and about 2 weeks ago, I saw an AA F100 fly over my house with the tailbrakes open. I could not believe what I was seeing and did a double take. The tail brakes were open though...