Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

help, not sure if i have things setup and...

1. i dont think im getting this smooth transition everyone else keeps talking about i still see things like "jump" change on me, what settings should i correct/check? and yes i went through the whole manual and have fsuipc setup as per manual2. this is the thing that bugs me the most. the last 2 flights ive flown i lock in my dest. a/p and yet approach give me vectors to runway x and then when i contact tower they tell me its the opposite runway - WHATS UP WITH THIS?3. this is the most anoying of alltonight im flying the cheyenne 400LS into KALW and atc gives me vectors for the visual runway!! well its about 0 visibility outside, im in the soup thinking i'll brake out of this before i land, no go, soup all the way in, so then i have to cancel atc ifr plan to then manually try to turn around onto the ils runway - which is where atc should have vectored me in the first place beacuase it WAS IFR conditions (then i still might have had to divert) but anyhow when i contacted tower they told me to take the ils runway (again the opposite of what i was vectored to by atc - see #2) then as i swing around i see trees approaching and basically just went straight into a hillside - end of story, needles to say i was quite upset about the whole thing, i just dont understand why im getting this contradictive runway crap from atc and towercan anyone help me?thanksciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Hi Brian,Well, let's see if I can help a bit here. Let's take #3 first. That's nothing to do with Active Sky. That's FS' ATC (assuming you were using FS ATC - you didn't say so I'm presuming because they've done that to me many times :-) ). The AI in the sim as a whole only recognizes certain runways, and if there's only one at a given airport, it doesn't care if you have a 90 kt crosswind in 0 0 - that's the runway they're gonna give you. Pass the beer nuts (look into AFCAD - that might help a bit here).Alright, #1. If you have the "Update METAR on New Station" checked, then you will get whatever that station is reporting. It seems to have priority over the smoothing or transition effect (as it should). Deselect that and all should be well. I did that very thing tonight and it was "magic" :-). Gorgeously (??) smooth transitions throughout a 300 nm flight. You can play with your interval settings too to make them longer, but first make sure the check box for the Update METAR.... is deselected.#2. This is probably related to #3, but also it is possible that an updated METAR came through while on approach. That's happened before, and has happened to me both in FS and in real life. See if that is a consistant problem, AFTER you try the solution to #1 first. If it is, then post back here about it, but I really suspect again this is an FS ATC problem, not wxRE (no, I don't work for Damian - I've just been simming since the Wright Brothers did their thing :-) ).Hope that helps Brian.Glenn

ok, i was lookin' at my options and i had a funny feeling it might be that update metar thing and so i uncheked it and im going flying around ksea area with the c177rg and see if i can see any differences but about 2 and 3 i hope this will fix it as well since i did have destiantion lock checked. so ill report back, thanks againciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Guest dogknot

Hi Brian! I posted these findings in the MSFS General Forum to another with the same problems. I had the same difficulties with ATC/winds/weather and bogus vectoring until I figured out the proper sequence in using flight planner with wxRE. (assuming you are using FS's default flight planner) This is what has been working for me, perhaps it will work for you too:Be sure that the 'force range' in the OPTIONS page of wxRE is set to 100nm instead of the default value of 60nm.1. Start FS2K2 and go to your starting or departure airport gate or parking area.2. Start ActiveSky wxRE and allow to fully load all wx info for the departure airport.3. Allow weather to load into FS2K2. Adjust altimeter with the 'B' key.4. Open wxRE and type in the forced destination airport's letters (KLAX, KPDX etc)in the Custom/Destination Weather box and tick the box 'Destination/Force'. Allow new info to load.5. Now, back in FS2K2, you can select 'flight planner' from the drop down menus and select your flight as usual. This procedure has worked flawlessly for me. Apparently, all the weather data must be computed before activating flight planner. Any deviation, and flight planner uses available info at that very moment including default rwy values. Try it out and see if it works for you.

aaaaahhhh!! i had allways been using flt planner (and yes i have been using the defualt) first!! ill try to use it last after everything has loaded and also change the 60 to 100, that should hopefully do the trick,i did uncheck metar updates and i had a smooth transitional flight, went from KSEA to KBLI in the C177RG and it was kinda low vis around 5 to 6sm and i checked the latest taf's for KBLI and it say P6SM and i was expecting it to clear up and next thing i new im in clear weather and the COOL THING WAS I DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHEN IT CHANGED!! THATS HOW SMOOOOTH IT WAS!! FANTASTIC!!thanks for everyone helping, MAN THIS HOBBY JUST ROCKS!ciao!Brian S

Ciao!