Sign in to follow this  

1.7 Bug report RE: voice

Today on a flight from DFW to LAX flightwatch reported KLAX surface winds surface from "six niner niner at five". Is Activesky using a new form of geometry now :) ? Also, nearing KLAX, surface destination report on flightwatch reverted to a nearby airport rather than my checked forced destination, KLAX. Note, I'm not confusing the ATIS report with destination report, ATIS seems to work fine. My destination rep only got messed up within about 50 miles of KLAX.Thanks.

Guest hlm65

Hi Eric,I sometimes got strange wind directions on wxRE flightwatch, but on all occasions it was a bad data report in the relevant METARs (such as 900 instead of 090). In all cases however wxRE gave the correct direction winds (checked thru FMS) in the sim and not the weird ones reported. Did you check what your met files were reporting ? Sometimes is just a "bad syntax" error in the met reports. I does happen very frequently.Hope this helps.Enrico.

Enrico, Thank you, I will definitely check that out, sounds like a likely culprit.

Guest Jalok

Some bugs persist. I'm still hearing "winds zero zero zero at zero". Less often though than the v1.6 release. Sometimes for the first cycle, then pronouces it correctly ("winds calm") for the second cycle. The same for Altimeter/QNH settings.Jalok

Hi,This might be because weather processing has only partially completed before the voice readback starts. The solution is to wait until process completes (and you have entered/retrieved your custom ID weather) before starting up flightwatch for the first time. Let me know if that was it.. thanks!-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...][/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Mmmm... Damian I see that this "problem" disappears when you are within the final destination, while during the all flight Flightwatch reports wind direction in wrong way.For example: i set my "force range" at 40nmMy wind is from 090 at 5If I request flightwath at 41nm or more I listen: "wind from niner niner zero at five"When I'm at 40nm or less I listen: "Wind from zero niner zero at five"I have this "problem" during all my first three flights with ActiveSky v1.7Anyway I know that the first "niner" is wrong and stayed for "zero" :-)Bye, Max------------------------------Flight - Sky - Freedom------------------------------..and sorry for my bad English

Massimo Solimbergo | MY PC =  MoBo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-H CPU: Intel I7-9700K + Noctua NH-D15 RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2400Mhz CL15 GPU: GTX1080 SSD: Samsung 970EVO+ 1TB + 970PRO 512 GB + 840 PRO 512GB OS: Win11 Pro 64 Monitor: Samsung SJ55W PERIF: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog + TPR SIM:  MSFS + P3D v5.3  WX: ASP4+ASCA+TOGA EnvText+REX EF Planes: FSLabs A320 | PMDG 777-737-747 Sceneries: ORBX | FlightBeam | FSDreamteam | Simwings | Aerosoft | FlyTampa | 29Palms | UK2000 Utilities: Navigraph FMS+Charts Subscription  VA: UKvirtual (www.ukvirtual.co.uk) Online Flying Network: VATSIM with VPilot

Hi DamianTonight I do a EDDM-EDDB flight and I see that ActiveSky has this little "bug". If you use Flightwatch to listen the destination weather before the "force distance" you hear the repetition of the "first number" of the wind direction. For example (my God my English is terrible eh,eh,eh!):if the wind is from 060 at 10kts the voice say: "Wind from -->660 at 10" So it repeats the first number instead of the zeroI don't know why... :-(Bye, Max------------------------------Flight - Sky - Freedom------------------------------..and sorry for my bad English

Massimo Solimbergo | MY PC =  MoBo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-H CPU: Intel I7-9700K + Noctua NH-D15 RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2400Mhz CL15 GPU: GTX1080 SSD: Samsung 970EVO+ 1TB + 970PRO 512 GB + 840 PRO 512GB OS: Win11 Pro 64 Monitor: Samsung SJ55W PERIF: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog + TPR SIM:  MSFS + P3D v5.3  WX: ASP4+ASCA+TOGA EnvText+REX EF Planes: FSLabs A320 | PMDG 777-737-747 Sceneries: ORBX | FlightBeam | FSDreamteam | Simwings | Aerosoft | FlyTampa | 29Palms | UK2000 Utilities: Navigraph FMS+Charts Subscription  VA: UKvirtual (www.ukvirtual.co.uk) Online Flying Network: VATSIM with VPilot

Thanks Max I will take a look..-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...[/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies