Is it possible to rename the saved cycle files or extend the name to allow a short descriptive token and still load them into WxRE 1.8?I'm looking to save interesting weather situations to activate at will when it is just too calm and peaceful and I need to simulate storm storm cell avoidance.If not, then I'll just write a rename/copy script to run outside of the application.

Others have done so I believe.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

I run AS in offline mode and before I save each days downloaded weather file I create a new folder in the AS directory and name it with the date i.e 080603.I open the options screen and scroll down to my highlighted new folder open it and then proceed to download the weather. The download will then go into that folder under the zulu time. AS doesn't seem to bother about the name so I'm now going to label files with the date plus say - fog, storm etc. Hope this helps

Good idea!On reading the manual the file description states that the wxd file contains the names of the files in the set. Therefore, I would suspect you should only change that file name or better yet just the folder name.The question for AS support is if you activate from a sub folder, will the rest of the set get loaded from that folder for processing and feeding to FS. It would be nice if the next revision of WXRE would allow us when activating the download process for offline use would give us the typical sav as dialog to perhaps add the date to the Z time and a description to the file name. This would prevent overwriting those files you wish to save for special situations.