Sign in to follow this  

Active Sky 1.7 1.8 Download Metar Files

Hello all togetherit was very stressful to get help or support for this program. The support@hifisim.com email there was no answer in the last 3 weeks of my mails. Than I find this forum and I hope I can get help here.I purchased the Active Sky program 1.7 4 weeks ago. I installed it and make all necessary settings in FSUIPC, FS2002 and active sky. But I'm not able to download any Metar file. Everytime I get a timeout error independent what time I try to download. Then I update to 1.8. And even with the new low bandwith option I get the same error while downloading the winds data (timeout). So I purchased this program 4 weeks ago and up to now I'm not able to use it, because I have no Metar file. And no answer to my mail to support@hifisim.com.Very funny. I hope any other user can help me. Yes I have only a modem but because of the compression I get data transfer rates of 14 kb/s (that means double of ISDN) until the error message.Peter

Peter,I am very sorry you did not get any help so far. I get all the support e-mails forwarded to my personal e-mail account and never got anything from you. I do save all e-mails that I get and I just double checked.Your connection rate may be the problem. Can you change the compression to increase the rate? There is a timeout limit in AS and at the server end. I know this isn't much help, but I will continue to work with you until we get you up and running.Again I am sorry.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support