Sign in to follow this  

Damian, can you check my ini files for Flightmax and activeskywxre

Hi again and thanks for your help so far.Ill just recap what I have done so far:Computer 1 main computer running FS2002 and Flightmax 1.4 and wideFSv6 and FSuipc 3.01 which are all registered.In the Flightmax ini file I made the following adjustments.FSDirectory=ActiveSkyActive=1ActiveSkyDirectory=J9X5J8C:WideFS 2004ActiveSkywxREComputer 2 (server name is J9X5J8)running widefsv6 and ActiveSkywxRE 1.9In activeSkywxRE, I set the WX path to C:WideFS 2004ActiveSkywxRE (this is the path for Flightmax to access the data and ActiveSky to export the data.-------------------------Can someone tell me if I set everything correctly over the network. I am not sure if Flightmax is actually accessing the data on Computer 2ActiveSkyDirectory=J9X5J8C:WideFS 2004ActiveSkywxREmayby I shoud have written it as:ActiveSkyDirectory=Servername=J9X5J8C:WideFS 2004ActiveSkywxREThanks Vincent

Hi Vincent...I am not sure, but I don't think UNC name is supported in FSFlightMax - and it is definetely not supported in wxRE. So you need to make a drive mapping using windows exporer (tools, map drive) to map a drive letter (i.e. F:) to a UNC path (i.e. J9X5J8C$) and use ActiveSkyDirectory=F:WideFS2004ActiveSkywxREAlso, I really suggest running FS2002/FS2004 on its own machine, and all your add-ons on the other one for best performance. So FSFlightMax and wxRE should be on the same machine, and this will also eliminate the need for any networking or drive mapping between wxRE and FSFlightMax. Hope that makes sense... let me know if you have further trouble...-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...[/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest pagotan

Hi,I confirm Damian's suspicion ie. FSFlightMax and FSGarmin for that purpose, do not support UNC names. The only way to make it work is to map the drive.By the way there are some good tips on how to install FSFlightMax and FSGarmin on a remote machine in the FSFlightMax and FSGarmin forum. Whether operating with FS2002 or FS2004 should not make a difference for the installation.Michael