Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jacek_KORD

Sim crashing plus panel flickering

Guest Jacek_KORD

Just wanted to report that when I'm starting flying with ActiveSky engaged, the sim crashes as soon as I get to about 2000ft. It doesn't happen if I do not turn on ActiveSky before the flight and if I use default FS9 weather. I usually have to engage ActiveSky when I'm already airborne. The message after crash states a failures and various .dll modules.Regarding flickering of the panel, I've read somewhere here in the forum that I have to disable some option in the hardware, correct?Thanks for any help.Jacek Gawecki

Jacek,Sorry you are having trouble. First, are you running V1.9 of ActiveSky and V3.03 of FSUIPC? Next, is FSUIPC showing up in the Modules pull down menu in FS04? Finally can you write down the exact failures and what .dll modules are being listed.To help remove the flickering, uncheck the "Render to Textures" option.Write back when you can!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest Jacek_KORD

Hello Jim,The answer to your first and second question is yes. The usual .dll failures are in sim1.dll and a .dll starting with the letter "n". Sorry I'm at work now and do not have the name with me.Also, every time as soon as I'm done flying, shut down the FS9 and ActiveSky, the ActiveSky keeps on turning itself on, it does this up until I disable it within the processes window. Any ideas?Thanks for any help.Jacek

OK, get back to work and quit playing around!!!!!When you get a chance run FS04 without AS and see if you get errors. Then start up AS and see if they happen. Then write them down for us.As far as shut down, close AS first before FS. If you don't AS will start a new download cycle and that is hard to stop. If you forget, then just wait until AS downloads the files and then exit.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest Jacek_KORD

Jim, Thanks for the help again, I'll check into it and let you know and yes, I'm screwing around at work, I cannot live without checking out forums every 30 minutes! :))

Guest Jacek_KORD

Just updating on the .dll file, as this is continuing to happen. "ntdll.dll" is another failure that just happened to crash the sim.

Guest Jacek_KORD

I hope you guys don't take this wrong, but I think I'd rather wait until v.2 is out. I just took a short flight from KLGA-KIAD without AS and everything went smooth. I love the program, no doubt but I'll give it a second chance in the newer version.

Hi there,It really sounds like a video driver problem that is affecting FS2004 and FSUIPC interaction. Have you tried both 100% 3d clouds AND disable render to texture?-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...[/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies