Sign in to follow this  

FS2002 Crashing to Desktop

I was having problems downloading weather last night, and thought it might be a program issue (TAF's not downloading, didn't bother to read a post about other people having the same problems)Anyways, after uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling ActiveSky 1.9, FS2002Pro crashes to the desktop on startup. Had the program create a new FS2002.cfg file, still does the same thing. Set the program up to start up without the Full Screen option, got an error in reading Weather.dll. So I went into the FS2002Pro CD, pulled out the file right off the CD (after renaming the old one, of course). Tried staring again, still having the same problems. Any ideas?

Hi,wxRE won't affect anything that would cause a crash at FS2002 startup, so there is something else wrong with your FS2002 installation. Normally that means I can't offer support (I really do have a million other things I need to focus on).... But I will try to help...What else did you change besides re-installing wxRE? Did you re-install FSUIPC? Any other add-ons? Any configuration changes? Changed any video drivers? -Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

I have updated my video driver today, but will lok to see when I installed it to see if maybe that maybe a problem. I can't think of anything else that I've done to the machine. Will continue to look into it and let you know. I just wanted some input on what you might think the problem could be. Thinking maybe something to do with wxRE, since the weather.dll was being called on. I will re-install the FSUIPC to see if that fixes things too. By the way, I'm running 2.97Thanks Damian

DW,You might also want to try starting up without wxRE running at all to eliminate wxRE as the reason. I'll check back in the morning to see if have tried this!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Hi,It's probably the video driver... Do you have DirectX9b? Take a look at the AVSIM main FS forum, there are all kinds of issues and only some drivers seem stable - and even they have occasional problems.Weather.DLL means the crash occured with something during the weather process/draw - probably related to too many polygons going to your card with buggy drivers / existing directx9b issues...I am almost certain that going back to your initial video driver will solve the problem, or perhaps changing some other settings will help you get around this. Might try the main FS forum too, maybe someone has experienced this..Hope that helps!-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...[/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies