Sign in to follow this  
Guest A321

A question regarding Weather Centre

Guest A321

Hi all,I cant wait for your new version of Active Sky, I own 1.x.My Question is, is there any point in me buying your newley accuired software, or should i just wait for Active Sky 2ThanksJason

Jason,Thanks for the question. In the end you have to judge the features of WC 2 and determine the worth. Another suggestion is to use the Novice Edition. It functions fully for 15 minutes and then has basic functions after that.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest A321

>Jason,>>Thanks for the question. In the end you have to judge the>features of WC 2 and determine the worth. Another suggestion>is to use the Novice Edition. It functions fully for 15>minutes and then has basic functions after that.>>Hope this helps,>Jim>ActiveSky SupportOk thanks, but Im asking is this, I use Active Sky, so if buy the new version of Active sky and it has all the features of WC 2, then what is the point of me buying both AS 2 or WC. Now if you tell me that WC2 will compliment AS then thats differnt. You see I assume since you now own both products will you be merging them, or is there a benefit of having both WC2 and AS 2ThanksJason

Hi Jason,The new AS2 will be the first bridge between AS and WC, namely in the form of the Radar Gauge and associated weather generation systems - but WC2 will still have some features unique to itself and in general it is a complete different system, and will continue to be offered as such. Another thing to note, WC2 is an internal FS module, AS2 is an external program. They each have their advantages and it is really a matter of taste. The future product (beyond AS2), will be the official "replacement" for both AS2 and WC2 and will be the focus of all future development. That is quite a ways off (still working on AS2 at the moment!) so until then I can only recommend using the product that best suits your needs! I will try to put together a feature comparison chart after AS2 release to help with the decision process. Also AS2 will have a trial version so you can see both add-ons in action before you decide which one you want (maybe both?). Hope that helps!-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...[/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest A321

To late. I love your products soo much, I bought it already. I like it a lot. Ill get AS2 as well. Just dont tell the girl friend :)Jason

Thanks Jason,Your secret is safe with us!!JimActiveSky Support