Sign in to follow this  

CLOUD VISUALS appear/disappear instantaneous???

Hi Damian,I just updated your program and FSUPIC to the latest.Im seeing my cloud cover just "disappearing" instead of slow transitions like FS9 does.The weather seems to be reporting correctly but the transitions are not that smooth.I have smoothing enabled.How should ALL the sliders for cloud settings be in FS9 to make it smooth?My FPS are good,128 RADEON 9600 PRO NEW,/1 G OF RAM /2.2 MGZ.I printed out the DOC. when I purchased the older version,but I cant find A newer DOC. to go by for FS9 except what was with the update.I may want to start from scratch following the older DOC. but I found some options and choices have been omitted in the newer versions.Is it best to follow the older DOC. and do what it says for optimum performance? or is there an alternative?Kind RgardsJames

Hi James,I think your settings are OK. FS9 localized station-based weather is not implemented in wxRE yet, and the transitions are instead global octa-coverage based. They can appear sudden sometimes depending on how the layers are rendered by FS. You can increase your cloud transition interval and uncheck "Update Metar on new station" which will help alot here. The information you should read is in FS2004info.txt which explains this + other recommended settings. Hope that helps!-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Thanks Damien,I will try that first.I thought that it would read the next station prior to me getting there or rather in reach and it would have developed my expected weather change if any at all.Thankyou