Sign in to follow this  
Guest jmuzz

Unable to use active sky

Guest jmuzz

Jim - is there an estimated date on the new server? I have not been able to use AS for a couple of weeks.You say the normal servers came back, but I get noweather - timeout on upper winds. When that happensI get no METARs either, even with the latest updateof the beta version. I have no other problems with my computer or provider, I even disable the firewall.Sure is getting frustrating.

Hi,Couple of weeks?The winds server had problems over the holiday weekend.. that is all. It is working again now for me and all other users to my knowledge. What problem are you having now? Have you updated to the latest 1.9? Thanks!_Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

hi Damian...just as an fyi....i timed out also yesterday while in the winds download. i was able to finally get a complete weather file when i checked the box for slower bandwidth. never had to do that before..chris

Guest jmuzz

As I said in my first note, I have updated to each betaversion when it came out. I have no problems with othersites or my provider. In the past 30 or so times that Ihave used FS2004, Active Sky has loaded the weather app.3 times. I disable my firewall and pop-up stopper eachtime. As I said before, I just not only get no winds,but NO weather at all (metars). I don't just jump on ASwhen I get timeouts, the problem is deeper than that asI get no wx about 95% of the time. If other users are notexperiencing this situation, it must be something in mysystem, just wish I knew what. I will now go and download the latest beta version. Hope it helps.

Hi Muzz,Yes your connection must have problems... make sure you can get to http://www.aviationweather.gov, then go to STANDARD BRIEF, METARS and see if you can pull up a METAR report. If so, next check to make sure that if you have a proxy server, these settings are entered correctly both in wxRE settings and in IE settings (especially if your proxy server requires authentication). Check your firewall (double check) to make sure wxRE is enabled for use by application. Sometimes even though they appear disabled they are not. You might want to uninstall the firewall completely if you continue to have problems, to rule out any other problem...If you're not connecting to aviationweather.gov OK and can't pull up a METAR report, then the problem is your ISP. Let them know you can't pull up that site.Let me know via email how you make out, I would be glad to help with any additional problems you may encounter... damianc@hifisim.com-Damian[table border=0" cellspacing="30" cellpadding="0][tr][td align = "left"]Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyThe next-generation weather environment simulation for FS2002!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky[/td][td]http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg][/td][/tr][/table://http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/ima...[/tr][/table

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies