Sign in to follow this  
kerosene31

anybody got a clue how to change irq in winxp?

anybody got a clue how to change the irq settings in winxp. as my graphicscard and the souncard go irq 16. in the controllpanel everything is greyed out (NOT blackout :D )winXPasus GeForce4 ti4400amd athlon 1700+ o/c @1.68ghz1gig ddr rammsi k7t266 pro22* 60gig 7200rpm maxtor/ibmsb 4.1 digital

Guest ba747heavy

Well, I know that on most systems, you need to go into the BIOS to change IRQ settings. At least, that is the way it is on my comp.

tried that but i can find all irq settings EXEPT 1-3 and 15-21 :(

Guest SD Sim

If you have a free PCI slot to spare, I would just move your audio card to that other slot. That's probably easier thant trying to change the IRQ.

Guest outtatimeiii

On my real old 486DX2-66MHz (cough cough) system, it was pretty easy to change that sort of thing, since it usually took a few tries (sometimes hours :) ) to config some ISA (Plug n Play? whats that? LOL) cards right so WinNT4 wouldn't complain LOL.On my K6 400 and my new 1.2GHz, its not so easy and you either gotta move the PCI cards around, or do it in the BIOS or some 'other' magical way that I cant think of at the moment LOL.

Guest Bill Kunert

If your sound card is in the PCI slot next to your AGP slot, move it. If you have an AGP video card nothing should be in the slot next to it. Could be your problemBill

Changing irq's in XP can be a difficult thing to do, although your problem is not uncommon. There is a wealth of information available on the forums at http://www.guru3d.com/ Check in their nvidia forums. Do a quick search and you will find a bunch of info on the XP irq thing. Unfortunatly there is no quick answer there and the solutions are rather complicated. As someone said, try moving your cards around and see if that works.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF