Sign in to follow this  
Guest simnut

Why will Activesky NOT retain wx?

Guest simnut

I have read all the info, and tried all the latest versions of whatever is needed to run FS9 and Activesky, but always have the same problem. I have excellent wx, whether it be clouds, rain, etc, and then maybe 5 to 10 nm miles out my wx clears to cloudless, uneventful skies. Anyone have any idea of what I may have set wrong, or what the issue could be?HarryCVA5812

Harry,Sorry you are having trouble. Please list your settings and we can take a look! The first thing I would look for is to see if you have FS2002 Weather Writes checked off.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest simnut

Hey Jim,Thanks for your quick reply and quick suggestion. I did not have that setting ticked .... I have done so, and seem to have success on the last flight! I really appreciate that.I have to say that the support for this software goes far beyond normal in my opinion! We have two people consistently on this site answering ALL inquiries with patience , much patience. :) My problem that Jim just solved WAS in the readme files....files I thought I had read closely. I'd like to give a big round of applause to Damian and Jim for a great job!!!!Harry

Jim....i discovered this thread while experiencing the same type of problem. are you referring to the box on the lower right side of the options list? it says either FS2004 weather writes, or FS98 global weather writes?i'm askin only because i noticed when i moved my mouse over the selection is said FS98 rather than FS2002.thxchris

Chris,Yes, that is the box. If my memory serves me right, FS98 was the first version to include Internet downloads for weather and, at the time, they were global downloads. FS00 and FS02 then improved upon the process. When using FS04 the box should be checked ON, if using FS02 checked OFF. Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

alrighty then...i misunderstood the above postings thinking that possibly since ASky was made for 2002 that i should have that checked off even if using 2004. my problem is that i get the weather........eventually. it seems like it takes quite some time for FS to update the weather to what AS says it should be. i find myself actually hitting the "refresh" button on AS often and that seems to trigger it.thxchris

Chris,AS was made for FS2002. The option in question was added for FS2004 and should be checked ON.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support