Sign in to follow this  
ronzie

Curious about Radar/StormScope gauge coming.

If it is in the soon to be released AS2 version, I am curious about what the storm cell component resolution might be. I am thinking about displays that show the intensity gradient where you can determine where the wind shear might be so you don't get ripped up flying between cells.This might be too much to expect I realise, but I know this would be limited by the minimum weather area allowed by FS9. I noted some comments in the latest FSUIPC SDK about returning precip density in specific spots and I wondered how a radar model could show such "pinpointed" info, if at all. This is not a requirement for me to upgrade, but again I'm curious as even on a much more coarse rez it still has application for me.Thanks for considering a reply.

Hi There,Thanks for your question!The radar display component is still heavily in development, and due to some unforseen problems with the original WC2 radar code and FS2004 station-based weather, we have decided to do a completely new radar system from scratch with station-based weather processing in mind. I cannot yet tell if we'll have it ready to include in AS2's initial release. We are working hard though to try and get it in.One thing is for certain: When it is done, it will be a very realistic rendition of an actual radar unit, made for FS2004 station-based weather, and it will certainly support display of multiple intensities as you have described, with the goal of being able to actually use the radar for realistic weather avoidance procedures.Now is a good time to ask for input here from all users... what do YOU want to see in your radar system? What features are important to YOU? Please send me your wish-lists to damianc@hifisim.com!Take care,Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2betateam.jpg

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies