Sign in to follow this  
Guest Himar777

Rain / Snow stops

Guest Himar777

Hi all,This problem is something I have been noticed since several days. Using ActiveSky wxRE 1.92 at any airport where it is raining or snowing, I have them (rain and snow) only the first minute (aprox.) just after hit "refresh" button in ActiveSky main window. After that minute, rain or snow dissapears. Sometimes they appear again after a while, but once more for a minute.I have tried to get the same weather scheme but without using AS, and all works well.Thank you for your attention.Best regards,

Hello,Sorry you are having trouble. Next time this happens, please copy and paste the offending METAR and we'll take a look.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest Himar777

Hello Jim,Thank you for your fast reply.Here is METAR I had yesterday:UKLL 151530Z 29005G10MPS CAVOK M00/M06 Q0997 TEMPO 0800 +SHSN BKN003 BKN020CB 31190060Best,

I got it and figured it out. Typically a METAR ends with the temp/dewpt. and baro. pressure. For some reason it is in the middle of this string. Doing a custom write caused wxRE to cut off the data after the baro prossure, hence no snow. I cut and pasted the temp and baro data to the end of the METAR, re-processed it and everything was fine. Please keep a look out for this sort of thing and post it here. Damian will need to be aware of this.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Hi Guys,That METAR is actually a combined METAR and TAF, more and more METAR stations are doing that these days. Seems to be only when benefitial though.Notice it says TEMPO 0800. That means from from 08Z to 00Z (the next day) you can expect heavy snow showers and the CB clouds.But the valid metar is still 151530, for 1530Z, which is simply CAVOK M00/M06 Q0997.wxRE is simply properly discarding the non-valid data.-Damian