Sign in to follow this  

21" is the way to go

Wow, I just bought a 21" monitor on Craig's List for $100.00. Figured that was a fairly small risk factor in case it was washed out or on its last legs. What a difference the big monitor makes to flight simming. Readable gauges, runways that are visible from 15 miles out, a real sense of immersion. So, bigger is better!

Guest Pabra

When I got mine I also saw the benefits, but it still is "tunnel vision" meaning no periferal view. It's bigger but still the same.In my opinion, smaller, like a vr helmet with 180 degrees panoramic display inside should solve that problem :-). You could sit a the dinner table and still have the sense of flight. But hard to find for $100.

Yeah, I also have a 21" and it's very nice!, but if you really want immersion check out Edimensional's 3D glasses and IR head tracker, this way the 3D objects are in real 3D and when you move your head you can pan your view and look around like you would in a real airplane, it's pretty cool!http://www.edimensional.comBest of luck!

do you have these 3d glasses? and are they really that great?, can you read the instruments clearly in the VC?please tell me more, do you have to purchase the ir tracker in addition to this to get complete head movement?thanksciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Hi Brian,Yes I have them right now in my hand, they are AWESOME!, the effect is amazing, it's like those paintings where if you focus your eyes just right a 3D image pops out, but you don't have to make any effort to see the effect, the instruments clarity in the VC depends on your computer power and the settings you have in the detail for the VC, I have mine all the way up and I can read them without any problems at all.To get head tracking you need the IR tracker, the glasses only give you the 3D stereo effect, but once you have both it's amazing!!!!Get them if you can, they are worth every single penny!