Hi DamianJust commenced a flight at Denpasar. On take off with a fully laden 737 and climb out I had the misfortune to come across a situation that nearly resulted in a total loss.The air speed decayed rapidly to a stall situation from which I barely recovered. Got the aircraft climbing when at around 17000 feet the aircraft was catapulted to 47000 in the blink of an eye. I noticed the baro was showing 27.99in so I hit the B key and it immediately reverted to 0.00in and the alt around 9000 feet from memory.I am now at cruise 37000 feet with 27.99in on the baro. When I try to set STD it catapults me up to 38880 feet and the aircraft starts to descend - pressing B shows 0.00in.The actual weather (AS2004)is showing a baro of 1007.There are no winds showing on the panel.I have just closed AS2004 and restarted with the result that the aircraft is now at a tad over 5000 feet with a baro of 27.99in and is climbing to FL370 and I now have winds.Sorry about the garbled state of this report but I am typing it as I try tweaks to see what is going on.When I reach FL180 I will press B and set STD and I predict my altitude will skyrocket. (Wrong!! Set as 29.92 then STD)Seems to be progressing normally now.Andy BEdit: Spoke too soon - weather changed - aircraft acelerated at Warp factor XX to 550knots and altitude to FL480.Now a STALL - airspeed NIL lost 16,000 feet before recovery.

A final comment.This 2.7 hour flight has been plagued with abrupt airspeed and altitude changes non of which were commanded.They are solely weather related and can (I think) be attributed to a pressure bug of some description as it appears to be this which throws the aircraft around.Oh yes, for good measure - with PITOT Heat - ON and other anti icing devices also ON I noticed a sudden decay in airspeed during descent. I pressed Shift-H and immediately airspeed was restored to the expected value.My flight ended 2 miles short of my destination after the weather changed suddenly and ploughed me into the ground.NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!Andy bJust a thought - is there any signifcance in the fact that this is the first flight I have had in about a dozen or more where I have experienced these problems and it is the first flight where Cruise Altitude has been set at greater than FL330?

Guest hnorgaar

HiI had the exact same situation with the PMDG 737 taking of from Phuket to Bangkok, around 17000 feet and maybe when I changed my barometer to STD, same story. Maybe PMDG, FSUIPC 3.135, AS2004 or AsiaHenrik Norgaard

G'day HenrikWhat was your proposed cruise altitude for the VTSP - VTBD flight?Since purchasing AS2004 I have flown exclusively in SE Asia. Having slept on the problem overnight (it's morning here in Australia) I'm strongly favouring the cruise altitude strange a proposition as it might sound.Every other flight was executed in the same manner and each of them resulted in a satisfactory conclusion - wake turbulance excepted. Apart from a fully laden aircraft (other flights were lightly configured) and cruise exceeding FL330 (and of course different weather conditions) nothing really changed.Later today I will do a test flight out of Denpasar with FL330 or lower selected and an empty aircraft and see how that goes.RegardsAndy B

Guest hnorgaar

Hi againWell for this flight which is the only time I have seen it except for one time on