Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dkoy

2D panel flashes when using AS2004?

Guest Dkoy

I have a problem that all my 2D panels are flashing when I use AS2004. I don't remember I have seen anyone else with this problem?In CS727 it is only the windows I have opened, such as the autopilot, the radio panel, the center column, that flashes. But in PMDG737 it is the whole 2D panel which is flashing. It is not all the time, maybe only when changing the weather.I am not 100% sure, only 99%, that it is AS2004 which is causing this. I have now tried to start and exit AS2004 - and only when AS2004 are active the panel is flashing.Is this a new thing? Or have you heard this before?Sorry for my bad english - hope you understand my question.Unfortunately I can not take a screenshot of the problem, it is only a short flash - then maybe 5 seconds with no problem - then a another flash.RegardsSteen

This is eliminated by setting "render to texture" to off in the options-settings-hardware section of FS9. However, other textures for clouds (notably Chris' DXT3 clouds) or airplanes may require "render to texture" to be on. Most replacement textures have 32-bit equivalents that are compatible with having render to texture off.sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest Dkoy

I just tried to turn of render to texture - but when fs9 comes to "loading weather" it crashes. Has this something to do with that I have installed the framerate friendly textures from FSW?Steen

Guest Dkoy

Now I tried the big FSW files (ffpv2.zip) - and could not see any difference in performance, - but the flashing panel has stopped - perfect.Steen

You did the right thing!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support