Sign in to follow this  
Guest klucznik

Dazed in the Haze

Guest klucznik

Hello Damian, I am batting exactly '0' so far in my attempt to install the complete AS2004 & MRI successfully using the server client setup with WideFS.. No matter what I try it is a NOGO. SEQUENCE of OPERATION FS2004 was activated and set up per your instructions and then shut down. My computer system setup is as follows: Server(FS) on Drive F: , Client (AS2004) on Drive D: . My Client Drive D: is mapped to my Server Drive Z: . (1) At the client I installed AS2004 on my client's Drive D: and I indeed do get the folder INSTALLDIR and its subfolder MODULES and its subfolders ACTIVERADAR and ACTIVESKY2004 where they shoudld be. (2) It is at this next step that at least one problem manifests itself and I see it when I open the client's ACTIVESKY2004 folder, D:/INSTALLDIR/MODULES/ACTIVESKY2004 folder, while at the server. I DO NOT find the file ACTIVERADARCONNECTOR2.exe included in the list of files. Here is a list of all the files in that folder:ActiveRadarConnector.exe (no number 2)AS2004.exeAS2004.iniAS2004_Users_Manual.pdfAviation Weather Gude.pdfComplete_Airport_List.txtCurrent_wx_snapshot.txtExport_data.radLicense.txtReadme.txtRevisions.txtThunder.wavVoice.cfgVoice_information.txtwx_station_list.txt I am not sure I had downloaded the proper files or not so I downloaded them again and they did compare with my previous set. Same results. As I mentioned in another note, if I install AS2004 and MR1 on the server then then everything is fine. The only reason I chose the server/client installation is that the ATIS voices sounded less natural when I installed and ran AS2004 from the same computer I am using for FS2004 although it is a 2.5 GHz machine with 1GHz of memory. At this point I have run out of ideas and am slightly frustrated. I know of no other logical steps to take. FS2004 & Radar Contact, with WideFS, work well together on my server/client combo.Best Regards and a Good Sunday to you.

Hi Blais,Ok, thank you for all the detailed info of your setup.I see one problem. MR1 update should be installed on the client, and I do not see this step in your list. Install MR1 update, THEN you should see the ActiveRadarConnector2.exe app, which should correctly configure everything. Feel free to e-mail me for continued help on this - damianc@hifisim.com. Hope that helps!-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest klucznik

Hello Damian, You are correct. I wasn't sure exactly which computer to use to execute the MR1 update. (Good Eyes.) I will do as you state and give it a shot. Right now I have AS2004 running on the same machine as FS2004 and I am very pleased with AS2004. If all else fails I will just leave things as they presently are. I really can't complain.Thanks Damian