Sign in to follow this  
Guest afcn

Weather not correctly loaded in FS9 (WideFS)

Guest afcn

As in some other posts, I noticed AS2004 fails to write the weather successfully into FS9 during a later stage of a flight, i.e. arrival. I mainly notice this by wrong winds/no winds and QNH (supression ceiling?).Setup:two PCs (Pentium 4 3.06 GHz running FS9, Pentium M 1.5 GHz running WideClient and AS2004) connected by WideFS 6.22FSUICP 3.202AS2004 1.1 90Weather set to "clear" when loading the flight.Using both SB and ATOC, weather disabled.Picture and settings enclosed. The log contains thousands of lines "waiting for FSUIPC"... even when AS is run on the PC running FS9.Any input appreciated.Kind regads,Nik

Hi Nik,I didn't get the log.. please send to damianc@hifisim.com when you get a chance... There have been about 10 reports of wx write issues over the past 2 weeks.We believe it is due to interference of the FS9 wx environment by other add-ons. Over 1/2 of the reports have been solved by removing add-ons and/or re-installing FS9. We are still trying to identify the culprit.Some other common things that can cause problems:- Squawkbox or ATOC real wx interference (make sure real wx is turned off if you use these addons) - I realize this is not the problem in your case - its just for other to see...- FS9 Wx Theme loaded, possibly via saved flight. Make sure to pick clear wx theme in FS9 then Clear all wx via FSUIPC to reset this situtation. It is recommended to always start FS9 with a clear wx environment to prevent theme problems.- It has been reported (twice) that TRAFFICLOOK can cause problems with weather settings. Reports confirm that disabling trafficlook solved the problem.- When using WideFS, make sure you lock your frame rate in FS so that it synchronizes with the data rate and prevents communications issues. This is documented in WideFS. 25FPS lock is recommended.- It has been reported that if AS2004 is loaded before/at the same time as FS9 and FS9 for whatever reason takes a long time to load the flight (over 2 minutes), AS2004 will timeout during the write process and this can cause wx issues (can be noticed in the .log file). The solution is to wait until FS9's flight is fully loaded before starting AS2004. We are extending the timeout wait processes to 4 minutes in the next update to eliminate this problem.Hopefully this helps.. please keep me advised and feel free to e-mail me directly at damianc@hifisim.com. Thanks!-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest nausea

Hi Nik,Check inside the weather menu if in "dynamic weather" the rate of change in completly to the left. This probably will the solve the problem. I forgot to do the same after a complete reinstall :-mad John