Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Can't do with FS2k2 what I did with FS98...

I just have to say this which seems to be a first for me since FS2004. Usually when a new version of FS comes out I delete most of the old scenery and aircraft from the old version that I had. With FS2k2 there are just so many above average aircraft and features that unless FS2004 totally blows FS2k2 away, I'll hang onto as many aircraft and features as I can. Not to mention I most likely won't upgrade to FS2004 right away. MS is makeing a big mistake by not supporting FSDS2. GMAX is not and should not be the only game in town.What started my rambling today was I downloaded the RealAir SF.260... What a wonderful bird....

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

"MS is makeing a big mistake by not supporting FSDS2."Don't assume that. FSDS2 was written to support the spec that Microsoft put out for FS2002 aircraft. A .mdl file should have much the same properties, if not identical, than a .mdl file created through GMAX. There is one very subtle example of FSDS 2's new compatibility. When you set some light chop, and set the A/P heading hold in a FSDS aircraft, any internal wing view shows static ailerons. You don't see them move in response to the chop, although you can see them move when you have manual control. Both GMAX and FSDS 2 aircraft don't have this issue--as I said, it is very subtle, but I think it's one indicator.I'm pretty sure the homework was done by Louis, and FSDS 2 aircraft will work, unless Microsoft ditches the current .mdl format altogether.-John