Everything posted by Dillon
-
Still using MSfS2020
This was exactly where I was at. An old FS9 user who didn't really upgrade until FS2020 (FSX was a dumpster fire). I have to say hands down FS2024 is a marked improvement. Most 2020 (90%) scenery works without issue in 2024. Only a few payware sceneries will have to be upgraded. You won't be disappointed switching over at this point. It amazes me after all this time 2024 has been out 2020 is still king concerning third party software. You can tell a 2020 aircraft from a native 2024 bird. BlackSquare will need to upgrade their birds again for 2024. They had to kill the visible copilot but the birds fly decently in 20204. The models don't take advantage of 2024's advanced fight dynamics though. The jewel of switching over is FSReborn's Phenom. That bird is next level and many of its features should become standard for developers moving forward. From the flight model to the features, that mythology is where we should be going. Another note is FS2024 cators more to the GA/private jet experience. The smaller airports are packed with various GA birds parked and moving about whereby contrast airliner flying is a hot mess as ATC/AI aircraft have not been addressed at least to the level of where FS9/FSX was at. In the last dev stream Asobo has no plans to fix it. So at this point 2020 is great for VR so I'm keeping it around for that. I have a large enough drive to run both with add-ons. Last note if you can run 2020, 2024 runs better and smoother with no issues stutters. It's smooth as silk all the while streaming and my connection has a bit of buffer bloat. You can setup control options and use the 'Apply to all Aircraft' options so you're not setting up things for every aircraft.🙂 My bone of contention is Asobo's early gaming direction still leaves some default aircraft with stupid functionalities. Case in point the aircraft registration follows the user. Even if your considering career mode, the same aircraft registration doesn't follow you go through your career. It's like having the same aircraft registration of your training 172 sitting on the 777 you're flying as a captain. Who thought this was a good idea? Next is the CJ4 and Cirrus (others as well but not so noticeable as their GA) where the pilot door doesn't stay open. Once you open it your transported into the aircraft with the door shut right behind you. No option to have it open for passenger loading or anything. Clearly whoever put this on the table as a feature knows nothing about travel much less aviation in general. You can get away with that in a light sport aircraft but don't have something like that on a CJ4 that carries passengers. Luckly the Longitude doesn't suffer from this feature. Problem is I love the CJ4 but it's been a stepchild much like the Longitude since 2020 was released. In 2020 someone at Asobo had the bright idea of doors that don't open. Now in 2024 they open then close right behind you, go figure...☹️
-
Still using MSfS2020
I just switched.🫡 FS2024 is in a much better place than it was before. One of the draws for me was Jurassic Park which is screwed up now with the release of SU6. Not sure if this will ever get resolved judging by the ongoing issue with the water masks in the Florida Keys. Low priority. At least we have a payware fix for the Keys, not so sure if there's any hope for Jurassic Park.
-
Can't get 2020 and 2024 to live side by side
That may be the secret sauce for this. I choose two separate folders on the D:\ for the install. Maybe if I install it in the same folder as 2020 that may work. The problem is I don't want 2024 to anyway affect the 2020 folders in the same parent directory.
-
Can't get 2020 and 2024 to live side by side
I'm not using Steam at all. Like you I prefer the XBOX App install. I don't have Map Enhancement installed so I don't know what's causing the issue. Like I said above I may try Installing through Steam but that's another purchase. I'm pretty confident that should work because both installs aren't going through the same Microsoft app.
-
Can't get 2020 and 2024 to live side by side
A Community folder is not created without the sim being fully installed. I can't get to fully installed on initial loading. It stops at 97%. Was you install of 2024 prior to SU6's release meaning you already had 2024 installed well before SU6? As with anything there shouldn't be a problem if you installed the sim around the SU2 era or something like that. Heck SU6 might not be it, it could be SU5 or it just could be something screwed on my PC blocking the two sims.😒
-
Can't get 2020 and 2024 to live side by side
I was thinking since the I have the store version of 2020, get the Steam version of 2024. My point above is if you've install 2024 before SU6 it may have not been a problem. Just shooting in the dark here.
-
Can't get 2020 and 2024 to live side by side
I'm thinking the latest SU's might have changed some things that were previously not a problem. Too many people in the past as I've read different forums had no issue running the two sims on the same PC.
-
Can't get 2020 and 2024 to live side by side
I finally decided to take the plunge with the deal going on (that comes around every now and then) for FS2024. I get so much out of 2020 I didn't see the need to switch (amazing releases still pouring out, smooth VR, etc). Plus what's important to me was AI/ATC getting fixed at least to the level of FSX was for airliner flying. Since this was never addressed with 2024 to any meaningful level and overall it's in worst shape both in 2020 and 2024 I resorted to more GA flying. I've actually grown to love that more. Private Jets and releases like the BlackSquare's A36/Baron has more than filled the gap. Now that real world Airliner flying is right up there with the problems of the Greyhound buses we used to avoid in the US in some cases worse (unruly passengers, over crowding, TSA etc.), it's a headache to even think about it even in the sim world. A broken AI/ATC system makes it even worse of a bother. There's no joy anymore flying into cities in the sim knowing the hell of the real world on a few different levels (LA, NY, Chicago, etc). After my son's private lessons and seeing corporate passengers just walk up to their jets and head to places like Aspen, that's the better way to travel especially in the sim. With 2020's amazing ground scenery GA more than fit the bill. Now off to 2024: First off I need both sims to run on my computer which seems to cause more trouble than it's worth I tried copying my controller settings so I can use them in 2024 (I hate where 2024 went with controller setups). I ended up by mistake blowing up my 2020 settings so I have to rebuild them. So much for that... After installing 2024 Deluxe Pro Edition it won't get past 97%. I tried everything. It's not in the XBOX directory, it's not on the C:\ drive but in the 4TB drive I have for FS2020 in it's own FS2024 folder. It will not get past 97% even if I pull the internet connection just to get it past that hump (AI suggested this) Last but not least Navigraph HUB will not load up. It just hangs I've since uninstalled 2024 and all magically has started back working as it should (Navigraph Hub, XBOX App pointers, etc) 2024 seems to be all or nothing on my end. I've heard some have got this to work so if there's any suggestion please chime in. I'd like to start making the transaction but I need both sims to work for now.
-
Finally got my Dream Air SE finally, and ...
Dillon replied to TheFamilyMan's topic in Virtual Reality (VR) for Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020/2024)We need someone on these forums to do a direct comparison between the two headsets (CL, Dream Air). Blindly believing AI sometimes is not the best if finding the truth. Wish I had money to have both of them. I can't believe in some areas the CL is better than the newer Dream Air. Too bad the comfort level leaves allot to be desired considering the price. There's also a difference in performance between FS2020 and 2024 so we have to make sure we know what we're talking about here in terms of the two sims.🤔
-
The spark is gone: Buying addons vs actually flying them
That's why I regulate certain aircraft to regions when I decide to fly there: 1. BS Baron/A36 - Florida flying up and down the state 2. BS Duke - Carefree airport just north of Pheonix (Nice for short hopes to Vegas) 3. BS KingAir - Charter flying from Vegas to the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, etc 4. BS Commander - SoCal flying up and down the coast (previously the bird of choice was FSReborn's Piper Meridian 500) 5. Default Cirrus - Local Georgia ATL area flying All the bush/float planes are relegated to Alaska Forges area or the Pacific Northwest These are to name a few but having designated areas for certain aircraft breaks things up a bit. Since I live in Florida, I say what would be my bird of choice for real world ownership? What would I like to fly in if I had friends in other places like Arizona or the Gold Coast? Then stick to those areas for those birds. Then there's military aviation with add-ons like Super Carrier Pro (with it's global locations) or off the beaten path there's the yacht add-ons that look best in the waters of Monico and Tahiti (guess I went off the beaten path). This for me keeps it interesting.🙃
-
The Truth About Gaming When You Get Older
You better have something as you get older because women, clubs, and booze are a thing of the past. That's the trouble with people as they get older. Some feel they should fit into a box of what they should be. Do what you love because that's all you have on a day-to-day bases when decide to shut off the news and you phone. As long as the hobbies are constructive, care less what others think. Now that I'm off from work, I'm off to fly that new 'Commander 114' I just bought...😁
-
MSFS2024 Servers Down in West Coast US?
This just worked for me, go figure.😶💯
-
I'm still above ground...
I've known you for years on these forums and the work you've done modeling and helping us all out when needed is immeasurable. Take care of yourself and keep us posted. Your one of the originals around here.
-
MSFS2024 Servers Down in West Coast US?
Talk about putting lipstick on a pig...🤡 Just joking, Sh** happens sometimes.
-
MSFS2024 Servers Down in West Coast US?
I was just about to switch over to that one. Thanks for the heads up.☠️👆😁
-
MSFS2024 Servers Down in West Coast US?
Florida down...
-
4,800 jobs slashed from MS Gaming Division
Any intel on this from anyone? Does this affect Flight Simulator staff in any way?
-
When a bad developer....
The model in general looks better than the default and the HUD/cabin is a nice touch for those of us still on 2020. Issues: For the life of me I can't understand how proper integration of the Avionics didn't happen here. There's some glaring issues (not as many as I was expecting) that I'm sure a modder can fix. Shouldn't be that hard as we have the default bird as reference. Wish I could do it...😔 The issue found on other birds from this developer where the taxi light shows in the cockpit is present but in this case you can turn it off before takeoff and use the landing lights only. There was some windshield anomalies at the payware KPBI but after takeoff and landing at the freeware KFFC I didn't see it again. Bottom line is it's usable which is better than I was expecting. Night lighting is better than default. The flight model and sounds seem to be taken from the default Longitude. If a modder corrected the WT integration I'd say it's worth it if your still on 2020. The only thing that can't be corrected is that taxi light issue.😑
-
When a bad developer....
Makes something you can't pass on (if nothing more that the sake of curiosity)...🤑 https://secure.simmarket.com/sim-federation-longitude-with-ghd-2100-hud-msfs2024.phtml
-
PimaxAir looks good but...
I'd love to get the PimaxAir without the lighthouse option (tired of the grainy look lower resolution compared to monitors of our options today), but it looks like the company can't get things together.😐 The future is small form factor and a more competitive price. That doesn't like it's going to be a reality until sometime after 2027.
-
Meteoblue is down affecting default live weather
Looks like there won't be any live weather injection into the sim until Meteoblue is back online. This only affects those that use default weather. I noticed the website wasn't pulling down any live weather earlier but hoped it didn't affect what the sim could pull down. Looks like it did. Hope the outage doesn't last too long.
-
San Diego Bay Tour April 2026
I always wondered about this flight. Grew up in San Diego over by Mission Bay, the Clairmont area. If one wanted to tour downtown from the air what would that flight look like with KSAN and North Island right there. Considering the PSA crash I didn't think it was no longer allowed until I visited out there last year and saw a Cessna flying over the bay when I was at Point Carillo (Point Loma). Thanks so much for this as it clears allot of things up for how it's done.💯 I'm shocked after the PSA crash no ATC communications are required transitioning the VFR corridor...🫤
-
P-51D Mod Hefty Update
Man, glad there's a 2020 version...💯😜
-
Here we go again - SIM FEDERATION Cessna Latitude
This one needs some modders as this actually could work. I wish SF would quit making the birds many of us want. It would make it easier for the hard pass...😵💫
-
Here we go again - SIM FEDERATION Cessna Latitude
Man this is tempting but this company puts out consistant word not allowed...😖🫤 simMarket: CESSNA CITATION LATITUDE MSFS20/24 Almost pushed the button but stopped until a few reviews are out there. I hope this somewhat better than what they've released before but that's the tall ask.