Sign in to follow this  
MM

AS2004 features over FSMeteo

Hi everyone,This is not a troll.As a long time happy user of FSMeteo, I'm curious about AS2004. Would someone please lay out the special advantages Active Sky has over FSMeteo? (I realize that some people do not like or cannot run FSMeteo--but I'm not asking for a negative comparison.) Hearing the positive story for Active Sky would be terrific.You seem to have a spirited community here and it sounds as though Damian has done a lot of work over the past couple of years. The support seems plenty enthusiastic. It would be wonderful to learn what is up!Best wishes,Mike

Hi Jim,Thanks for answering. Gosh, I understand that this is not a "support" question and appreciate your taking a moment to respond. But I was wondering what the "power user" community especially liked about ActiveSky...Mike

Michael, thanks. That post helps a lot. (We all need a verbal smiley for "awesome" when we discover that Simon Evans is the cheerleader for a piece of software.)Damian (and Jim), watch out--you've got a new customer!Best to all,Mike

Guest Erups

I don't know FSMeteo and so can't make a reasoned comparison...But i will let people judge: if AS has won so many awards and is so well regarded in the community, a ground reason should exist.That being AS is the best Weather Software currently available, and HifiSim has the Best support, contrary to what simFlight says about PMDG ;)My thoughts.

Jim, I'm also very fond of Simon (in a virtual sort of way) and am delighted to take his advice. It's always a pleasure to see people hang with the community over the years. (Insert knowing comments about strong character ... but avoid a flame war.) Simon has made a real contribution to us all. I, for one, much appreciate his presence.Best,Mike