Sign in to follow this  
Guest lalo lolo1

wxRE not installing clouds via Wide FS

Guest lalo lolo1

Well, here I am again finishing my FS9 set up.I have one last problem. I have wxRE version installed in a secondary PC via Wide FS. I am not sure what happens but AS gets the weather, finds its way to the other computer (I had to write the path to the main computer in AS), installs the winds in FS9, but it doesn't install the clouds. I tested it with wxRE installed in the main PC, and my skyes are full of nice clouds, then I shut AS down and clear the weather. Then I start AS in the secondary PC, get the weather and although the winds are loaded exactly the same in FS9, no clouds appear.I tested it in all possible ways starting and shutting down AS in both computers and the results are always the same, the secondary PC never installs the clouds in FS9.Both installations are with the same settings. Any ideas how can I solve this? I want to have AS in my secondary PC and leave the main one with more resources to be used by FS9.Thanks,Leo

Hi Leo,That is strange! First things first... Make sure you are on the latest wxRE v1.92.4 and FSUIPC 3.40 and WideFS 6.40.1.Then confirm that WideFS is loading properly without any error messages (wideclient or wideserver.log on the respective machines). FS9 should load, Wideserver should see the client, then the logs should be checked.. any errors will be obvious. If errors, you'll need to check your configuration and perhaps contact Pete Dowson on his forum for resolution of the WideFS problem.If everything's ok with the networking, please create an FSUIPC log for me (writes and weather) before starting wxRE. Then load wxRE on WideFS and let it initialize and set wx. Once this is complete you can stop logging and send. Please send to damianc@hifisim.com and I will take a look... the problem should be apparent through such logs.Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest lalo lolo1

Damian,Forget about this, it is working now. I think Windows is downloading the last service pack and goes installing it as it is being download. I guess that for that reason my network was messed and I had to reconfigurate the whole thing last night. After that I got all the weather via Wide FS working fine.Now, I still notice that there's almost no turbulence (Active sky is almost not producing turbulence). I understand that it is because this version, 1.92.4, was confirgured to work that way. Also winds got stuck like in previous versions and yesterday my landing was at 38 knots when the forecast showed 17 knotsI am kindda ###### with this fact and about to get AS2004. I have a bunch of friends who are using it and have turbulence, perfect winds + the all the new features of course.Regards,Leo