Sign in to follow this  
Guest Grommit

New User via WideFS

Guest Grommit

Hi All,Very happy with AS2004.5.......works well and the cloud formation/metar interpretation is superb.I have one small problem with my setup here. I use AS2004.5 via a client PC using WideFS (Registered) to FS9 running FSUIPC 3.401 (Registered). Weather is sent and displayed in FS9 perfectly.......sadly the ActiveRadar just will not work 100%.I was unable to install across the network using the installer.....so after searching the forum here used the manual copy to the modules folder, mapped the correct drive on the client and added the registry entry on the host FS9 PC. The guage displays with Ctrl-F12 and will load a fplan.......just not show any weather data either live metars (TAF's are reported but not updated) or images. The flightplan is visible.Weather vis and metars will not update to the guage.Any help would be very welcome so I may use this s/w to it's fullest.Best RegardsTony

Hi Tony,Please search the forum for ActiveRadarConnector2, there are lots of posts regarding this. You essentially need to follow all instructions exactly in activeradarconnector2.txt. Most common reason for failure of install is not mapping the root drive of the WideFS machine or not correctly selecting the program correctly via the mapped driveInstalldirModulesActiveSky2004as2004.exe location (during arconnector2 wizard run on the FS machine). Make sure to check your security settings too.. the FS machine needs to be able to read and write/create on the WideFS machine's root drive mapping.If something is not working or you are getting an error, please give me the details including which drive letter you are using and where exactly its mapped to. The activeradarconnector2 program is recommended as it verifies that all settings are correct and should show you where the problem is if there is one. Thanks!

Guest Grommit

Hi Damian & Jim :-)Thanks for your prompt reply.I did indeed read through all the posts I could find regarding activeradarconnector2 before posting. Sadly although I had checked the setup here it still refused to connect completely. I took the manual route for the install and reg entry. Following your post I re visited the problem this morning.I have a re-mapped drive (fully shared) on the client AJP1 and re run the connector s/w with the same result. I then looked a little deeper and although the mapping is correct in WinXP Pro, the folder reports as fully shared for both read and write......right clicking via the network drive reports in its properties its 'Read Only' I have un-checked read only and applied it to this folder and sub folders. Re running the connector s/w again now brought success!It may be worth noting in the txt file, especially for Win XP users that once the mapped network drive has been created to browse to it in Win explorer on the FS pc and right click and open properties and un-check 'Read Only'. This seems to be a small quirk with XP that is a by product of 'simple file sharing' Although thew folder is set up to be fully shared.....the network drive (mapping) is not.Best RegardsTony